Community release notes for August 6, 2020

Hello everyone! I'm back with another edition of your favorite feature, Community Release Notes!

<wild applause> Oh sit down, sit down, you don't have to. Oh shucks, thanks everyone. Thank you very much. Thank you. <applause dies down>

New: We are exploring a new “unanswered topics” feed in the sidebar. We would love feedback on whether you find this useful and what changes we can make to make it even more useful! For now it lives on top-level category pages, like this one:

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 2.12.12 PM.png

New: We have a new feature called Atlassian Recommended Answer launching today. Please see this post for more details!

Updated: We’ve changed “Report inappropriate content” to “Report to moderators, ”since not all reports are for inappropriate content. Click wisely!

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 2.08.42 PM.png

New: The Trello Templates badge! It's our new badge to encourage you to share your favorite Trello template. Check it out :)

FYI: We made a back-end change to our email notification system on Monday. If you have had any issues getting your email notifications as usual, please let us know! 

That's it for today! The comments are open for business. 

6 comments

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020

<applause />

The unanswered one is neat. Feels a bit tucked away. In my mind it has more value being above the label and contributor list, so you can see it quicker.

Would also be cool if it could contain a URL off to the unanswered questions queue for the thread (e.g. that example you gave having a see all option for unanswered questions). Hopefully encourage people to further-explore the unanswered.

There's a lot of unanswered Qs, so I'm not suggesting the oldest (from 2017) get shown, but right now all the Qs on the new side pane are already part of the on-screen post listing. Would be interested to see the questions that have got 'pushed off the page' -- those that are on the cusp of being forever unseen. Maybe there's a sweet spot based on frequency of posts -- e.g. showing the unanswered questions with no replies (not just accepted answers) from the last 10 days onwards? (Appreciate that's a bit more complex, as some topics get lots of posts, while others are silent.)

The Atlassian Recommended answer concept is cool. Can see the headache with trying to word it correctly (you can't call it an "accepted" solution, as it might not have been accepted by the poster, right?). The lingo makes sense to me; "Atlassian Solution" was another coming to mind (in case people see a distinction with a solution solving something, versus a recommendation possibly solving something'). I don't think I'd ever filter specifically for an Atlassian Recommended post, but it would be really helpful to see it pop up at the top of posts that I'm interested in.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Thank you @Monique vdB and to the rest of the Community team for continuing to make the Community a better experience!

Like Stephanie Grice likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

@Monique vdB, how is the Unanswered sidebar fed exactly? Most recent, oldest, cherry picked by Atlassians, etc?

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 7, 2020

@Thomas Bowskill  We’ll play around with the placement of it, thanks for that feedback!

If people like the feature I think “see all” is the next thing we’d add to it. I agree that would be handy for answerers!

I also like that idea of “questions that are on the cusp of being forever lost.” I wonder which questions tend to get most lost! Our community support team does a lot of work fishing questions like that out of the depths too. :) 

@Jack Brickey  I am pretty sure it’s just most recent; it’s an out-of-the-box component and we haven’t done any customizing to it.

@Jimmy Seddon thank you! I will pass it along! :) 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2020

I understand that I'm a bit late to this one @Monique vdB , but I wonder if there might be a way of marking a question in the 'unanswered' list if I'm sure I can't answer it so that it drops out of my list and I see more of the unanswered questions that I might be able to help on

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 8, 2020

@Liam Green never too late! This is a cool idea. We are doing some work right now on how we can help our Answerers, so this is good timing. I'll pass it along! 

Like Liam Green likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events