Awesome Author badge now live!

Calling all authors!

Awesome author@2x.png

Ready for a challenge? To earn this advanced badge, you will need to:

• Qualify to write articles if you haven’t yet (all users Level 3 and above now qualify)
  • Write 10 (or more) total community articles
  • Get at least 50 likes on the articles you write

Note that this badge is not retroactive but is also not time limited; this applies to articles written from now on.

Check out the most popular articles from Atlassian Authors here and some tips here. We’re excited to read your work!

55 comments

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hello, Badge. You shall be mine! 😎

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

This is a really great idea!  Looks like I have some work to do...

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 27, 2019

Thanks for the challenge!

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

Oooo! Challenge accepted.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

So excited for this new badge challenge!!! :)

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2019

That's Cool!

This badge challenge is a lot more difficult than ever. I think I need at least 3-6 months to complete it!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Take that first step today.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2019

Ok, now this is a matter of badge!!!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2019

#OMGoodness! 😲

All the chat about the Community 'Awesome Author Badge' war with @Monique vdB , @Jodi LeBlanc , @Kat Warner and @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ (who gave me an extra inspirational boost just this morning: Благодаря ти!!), has got me absolutely  B U Z Z I N G ! ! !

I even put it on my Atlassian Author Trello Board as a CARD to monitor progress....! #NERD 🤓

Time to get WRITING!! ✍📝💻

TrelloBOARD.jpg

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant - imitation is the highest form of flattery right?

badge.pngbadge details.png

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2019

Love love love the competitive spirit!! :)

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant моля! ;) 

I love this board, but I'm also feeling the competition rising! I know what happens once a man gets a checklist!

I'm back from Poland, so it's time to prepare for a fight. It's gonna be tough - webinar, team building and hackathon ahead :O

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2019

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ Да го направим ! ! 😎🤘 Bring the fury!
Us men are totally useless... until we're handed the checklist; then we know exactly what to do and how! 😉

Good luck to you Grumpy! Make sure you find time for yourself and your awesome writing 😊

@Kat Warner : Absolutely, and I LUUUUUUURV you copied it 😍💙 Totally supports my ethos of Knowledge Sharing and means that the Atlassian Authors are collaborating together towards getting this badge!

Here's the Card description (with formatting). Feel free to edit as necessary (especially the opening sentence, obviously really personal)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
----------------
The heat is on.... finally time to prove my Author-worth to Bridgie!
^cracks rusty old dusty knuckles and grabs laptop....^

THE CHALLENGE
----------------
Queen Mo's Community post can be found here!
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/Awesome-Author-badge-now-live/ba-p/1238672

GOAL
----------------
1) Write 10 (or more) articles
2) Gain 50 likes (or more. Grand total over all articles)

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
December 1, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc has already posts 7 or 8 articles since the badge was announced No wonder she is Level 10!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2019

No only 5 so far @Kat Warner :) The ones in the Trello PEI group don't count as articles (any post inside of a group is considered a discussion).  I created a Trello PEI group recently and moved some of my old posts into the group over the last couple of weeks. They are not connected with the author badge, as any post inside of a group is a post (not an article).

Hard not to want to chase this badge though, you,Teodora and Andy make it so fun!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
December 10, 2019

My update for today:

Image result for halfway there

You have the song in your head now right? I know I do!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2019

Congrats! Not going to lie @Kat Warner I have no idea what that is but YouTube will tell me very quickly :D

Like Kat Warner likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

Lol @Jimmy Seddon I wasn't sure of that song either, but fearful of youtubing in case it does get stuck in my head, as Kat said :)

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

@Kat Warner I assume this is a take on Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer".

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
December 11, 2019

@Davin Studer - whew, I am glad someone got it. I was started to get worried. :P

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

@Kat Warner ... and I had to go and listen to it after writing that ... stuck in my head now. : )

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

Oh wow, now it is stuck in my head too - always loved Bon Jovi!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc : Congrats on getting the badge already... as already said 1on1, you are RIDICULOUS!(And in a good way!!!)
🌟💙🤘👏😎

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

Thanks @Andy - PTC Redundant - I really enjoyed this badge challenge :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

We noticed! So great you enjoyed it. I think the rest of us have started losing patient with it. Hehehe.

But you were on FIRE!!!! Great job

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

#LEvel10BLANC 🤩

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

Thanks @Andy - PTC Redundant my strategy was to post 1 (sometimes 2) article(s) a day, and get them all online before the holidays (when people may not be online as much - less people, less opportunities for likes). When the articles are online, they will have the opportunity to get read, and over time accumulating to the 50 likes needed! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events