A is for August monthly challenge badge is now live!

Challenge_2018_08@2x.png

August already! And it's time for another monthly challenge.

This month, we will ask you to participate in fun conversations with the letter A as the theme. Will they be about Apps? Atlassian Access? Agility boards? The Austin AUG? All of the above? Wait and see!

You can participate in any one of the conversations on the site, and we'll post at least one per week. We'll also tag them august-challenge for your convenience.

The first A-themed thread was an Agile AMA with Dom Price! The second one asks how to activate Jira Service Desk users. The third poses the question: Are you addicted to the Atlassian Community? And the last one, our weekly Miscellaneous Monday thread: A is for Art! Anyone who posts in any of these threads will be eligible for the A is for August badge.

And I'm not saying there's a special bonus for participating in all the August threads, but I'm also not not saying that. 

Happy August!

26 comments

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

Sounds cool @Monique vdB happy August! 

Deleted user July 31, 2018

I’m simply Amazed!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

If you're counting, will there be extra points for alliterative attempts?  e.g. would "Agile AMA" count twice?

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

That's Awesome :)

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - good point 

Deleted user August 1, 2018

I will try to accurately answer anything at all available appearing amongst the August-challenge tag.

;p

donjoe August 1, 2018

Pssst @Monique vdB... it's Dom, not Don. ;)

For a second I was happy to meet one more person with my name (weird habits, let's not go there!) 

Oh! And Happy August-ing!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2018

Another Atlassian attempt to assure absorption of articles.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 1, 2018

@donjoe oh man thanks for catching that, I promise I know Dom's name! 🤭

Amazing alliteration, anatomical animation and associates. Adaptavist Answerer: apropos and ambitious advice.  Alana, awesome!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2018

@Jack Brickey haha that is absolutely amazing. 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

@Jack Brickey JACK. I am deceased. Well done.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2018

An amazing August award, absolutely! Atlassian appends an august-challenge addition after adding action-packed, always awesome articles about adorable achievements. After adding an answer, Atlassian apparently assigns an August award :-)

Deleted user August 1, 2018

A for effort @Thomas Schlegel

donjoe August 1, 2018

@Monique vdB All's good! We "Dom/Don"s are very understanding! :P

Is it just me who realized the true need to be able to add replies/likes to answers? Please tell me there is a feature request filed somewhere I can upvote! :D 

@Thomas Schlegel That. Is. Just. WOW!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 1, 2018

@donjoe phew, good to know. :)

You can reply to/comment on an answer! You can upvote an answer and that is the equivalent of the like.  We're working on expanding the like capability and allowing comments on questions but those are more complicated than they look.

@Thomas Schlegel 😮😮😮

donjoe August 1, 2018

@Monique vdB :) 

I am sorry, but I think I should have framed my question better. I do agree that we can like/comment on an answer, but only in the Questions session.

In an article's page, like the one we are on now, we can just comment and like the post, but not comment or like on comments (like the confusing sound of that :P). 

Am I missing something... or is it meant to be like that? 

Screen snippets attached below for clarity :) 

On an Article Page

Atlassian_Community.PNGNo buttons for liking, no text boxes for commenting...

On a Question's page

Atlassian_Questions.PNGHello votes! And reply box... but on the Questions page. Hmmm.... 

And did I just commit a faux pas by whining here? :( 

Don

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2018
Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 2, 2018

@donjoe nope, this is the Feedback forum so your feedback is invited here!  You can nested reply on discussions and Q&A, but not articles -- true! Good to know you'd like to be able to do that -- I think our higher priority is to allow comments on questions, but we'll add that to our list.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel 😱😱😱

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2018

@Monique vdB: A cool A-themed thread could be "Are you Addicted?" and people can share their story as to why they are on the Community ALL THE TIME ! :oD

Are you lost in JIRA? Do you want to help others learn? Are you here just for fun? Maybe those awesome badges...? ;o)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 22, 2018

@Andy - PTC Redundant LET's DO IT. Obviously this needs to be posted by you, so it will be Andy's August A-themed thread. You can use this handy-dandy link and I will add your post to the master list. 

😍

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2018

@Monique vdB: EPIC ! ! ! What a great reaction. Made my day. THX !

Here is my own Andy-Handy-Dandy link for posting to the master list :oD 

[Link is now fine]

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

Hi Everyone, I noticed on this thread that people were getting their August Badge immediately after posting. I made 2 comments on Dom's post and one on the second A discussion, but no badge. There is only a few days away to earn the badge so I want to ensure I am not missing something. Any thoughts?
Thanks a bunch,

Jodi

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Jodi LeBlanc : System running scripts causing delays...? I saw your question, also didn't have my badge, and then 23min later suddenly it just dropped out of nowhere.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Jodi LeBlanc Thanks for flagging! You should be all set now. 😄

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

Thanks so much @Andy - PTC Redundant and @Erica Moss - I now have the August badge 🙌🏻 🙏🏼

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events