confluence page, export to pdf in landscape format

Vijay August 6, 2015

Hi,

I have created a confluence page with pie chart and some JIRA issue/filters... I have made alignments and it looks nice, but I export to pdf it always exports in portrait format...

whereas some of my colleagues page are exported in landscape format...

Do I need to add or change any settings in my page?

please let me know, where I should do my changes... Kindly do the needful.

Thanks,

Vijay

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

You might want to look at the PDF Stylesheet in the Look and Feel for the space.

If you have (or add) something like:

@page{
size: 11in 8.5in;
}

It will be landscape.

Nicolai Abruzzese June 21, 2019

Works Fine thanks!

1 vote
Vijaykumar Krishnasamy May 24, 2017

Under PDF Export Stylesheet (try this)

@page
{
/*A4-sized pages in landscape orientation are 297 mm wide by 210 mm long*/
size: 307mm 220mm;
}

h5,h6
{
page-break-before: always;
}

PS: I did not change anything under PDF Layout

ashutosh joglekar September 26, 2018

Thanks, mate. This works ! 

- Ash

AMIT KUMAR April 21, 2019

Thanks Vijay. This works perfect.

Paul Swann-Clark July 13, 2023

Perfect, worked great

1 vote
Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to do PDF export in portrait mode for some pages, and in landscape mode for other pages in the same space? If so, how to do it?

Simon Tost _TNG_ October 20, 2016

You may want to take a look at PDF Macros for Confluence Plugin.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2017

Yes, it is possible by using named pages. With that you can define multiple pages with different settings.

I made a description at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-How-can-we-export-PDF-in-portrait-or-landscape-in-the/qaq-p/349230#M58987

Like # people like this
0 votes
Henry Pfeiffer May 24, 2017

Folks, I am having the same issue and would like to know how to resolve.  I am exporting from a Confluence Page into a PDF.  It defaults to Portrait. I went into Space Tools....Look and Feel...PDF Stylesheet and added

@page  landscape

size: 8.5in 11in; 
}

and when I try to export the pdf it is still Portrait.  The only thing I see, when I save the Stylesheet it loosk like this

PDF Export Stylesheet
view plain  print
                 @page  landscape  
{    
size: 8.5in 11in;    
}    

Any ideas would be helpful

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2017

See the comment from Milo Grika for how to create a page in landscape mode and see my comment for how to use both portrait and landscape in the same space.

From your example it seems that you are using named pages incorrectly.

Henry Pfeiffer June 1, 2017

Steffen,

Thanks!  I made the change that Milo suggested.  I have a list of daily reports that I wanted to export to pdf. An older version of the report I was able to export with no issues.  My newer reports, with Expands (Not sure if this has any impact) does not export and I get the error GET /spaces/flyingpdf/pdfpageexport.action. 

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2017

Good to hear that it works (partly).

About the other problem, I have no idea what that could be.

Henry Pfeiffer June 1, 2017

Thanks Steffan, I narrowed it down to what dates and reports it doesnt work for.  I have added anchors, expansions, etc..so maybe something like that has an impact..Will try and troubleshoot from here

0 votes
Vijay August 7, 2015

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events