Confluence : How can we export PDF in portrait or landscape in the same space ?

With Confluence 4.3 we can define a PDF stylesheet at space level, but in the same space we should sometimes export PDF in layout Portrait or Landscape (for large table), that mean two different stylesheets.

But, apparently, we can define only one stylesheet per space.

Is there a way to solve this problem or should we create as many spaces as PDF layout ? (and move documents from one space to another).

3 answers

1 accepted

Thanks for all your propositions, but I was not looking for a "woarkaround", we need an official solution which can be used by about 100 non-technical end-user.

A feature request has been opened for that issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28251

Thanks to all of you for your help !

Hi Philippe,

you can achieve exactly this with the help of named pages (just google for it).

I am using it for big tables as follows:

My standard CSS is set for portrait pages with

@page {
size: 210mm 297mm; /* DinA4 */
}

When I have a very big table I put it inside a div macro with <div class="landscape">...</div>
In my CSS a define an additional section with

div.landscape {
page: landscape;
}

@page landscape {
size: A4 landscape; 
}

So whenever there is a table (or anything else) inside a <div class="landscape"> the page format will change to "A4 landscape". At the end of the div it will automatically switch back to normal portrait page style.

As far as I know, what you obeserved is an expected behaviour and by design. Indeed, there should be only one PDF stylesheet per space.

Is there a way to solve this problem or should we create as many spaces as PDF layout ? (and move documents from one space to another).

Instead of keep changing the stylesheet within the same space everytime you need to export in certain style. I suggest to have a Space placeholder of each PDF Stylesheet you would like to have. You might not need to move the pages around Spaces. You can keep the pages at their own home/Space, however, when you need to PDF export them using certain stylesheet, you can then use include page macro to include that page. After that, you should be able to export it to PDF using the style you wanted it to be.

Not the best and simplest solution, but I think that would do for now.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

621 views 21 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you