Will the 'text anchor' functionality be returning or not ?

mike @ mindbridge November 22, 2019

The 'text anchor' functionality disappeared during the summer 2019 update.  It has been asked about and requested frequently here ever since.

Has the feature been removed permanently?  If so this is very unfortunate and an important disincentive to using the product.  Note there appear to be no workable alternatives but if there are perhaps post them here.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

Text anchors have been added back to Confluence in the form of heading anchors, in case CONFCLOUD-66773

When you hover over a heading in the new editor, you will see a chain icon: CleanShot 2019-11-25 at 18.31.33.pngYou can click that and copy the link to the anchor.

As far as creating your own text links, I don't have any information on if we will bring that feature back, but it sounds like it is not on the upcoming roadmap. If this is important to you and you want to provide the feedback directly, you can schedule a 1:1 session with the product manager on their calendar. That way, you can provide your feedback and suggestions.

One more thing; there's a bug related to anchors I also want you to know about:

• CONFCLOUD-67771 Anchor links from a page placed in another one don't redirect to the anchor link

We're in progress of resolving this now, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events