Why is my 'Recent drawer' suddenly empty?

Helen Gosper December 10, 2019

Suddenly, at around lunchtime today, my recent drawer contained nothing at all when I opened it. I use this frequently during the day, both the 'Worked on' and 'Viewed' tabs and have done ever since it was added.

Has any one experienced this, or have an idea as to what's happened?

4 answers

1 vote
Andrew Dildy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Helen Gosper and @Tom ,

I'm a software engineer on the Confluence Cloud team.  This issue was not consistently reproducible because it did not affect all customers.

The problem was caused by an ElasticSearch cluster migration.  We're working to make sure that future migrations don't recreate the issue.

I'm also reaching out to the support engineering team to let them know that reports like this are valid and should be forwarded to our team.

As a side note, I'm glad to hear you find the recent drawer useful. It'll be more prominently featured as a part of our move to Top Nav and Home. As such, we are increasingly aware that reliability, performance, and incident response times are critical. Your feedback is important in helping us prioritize issues like this.

Thanks,

Andrew

Helen Gosper December 12, 2019

Hi @Andrew Dildy thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, was this a logged issue as such? I assume that, even through it was not consistently reproducible, you know the cause now, or at least that it was server/migration related.

It was also concerning that we as users appeared to be reporting this to you and not you reporting this to us.

@Tom Crowley thanks for your input here also.

Like Tom Crowley likes this
Andrew Dildy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Yes, we've tracked and logged everything internally.

I only discovered this post after we resolved the issue.  Of course, your support tickets and this post should have been forwarded to us in real time instead of marked as not reproducible.  Hence my comment about coordinating better with support.

Moreover, it's much quicker to detect incidents through automated monitoring and testing.  We are also putting significant engineering effort into this strategy.

Like # people like this
Helen Gosper December 15, 2019

Thanks @Andrew Dildy for the update.  

0 votes
Tom Crowley December 12, 2019

@Helen Gosper 

Tom Crowley

11/Dec/19 2:53 PM

One of my contacts in a different company reports that it happened yesterday around midday. When I logged in this morning, my list was empty, as was my colleague's. There's nothing to replicate, it just happened. It's refilling now, but this doesn't change that they were all cleared at some point between yesterday and today.

Since you can't find anything to fix, you can't fix it, so would do I do if it happens again? I only notice it when it has happened, and I can't predict when this will be, so I can't record what happens.

Neha Ghuraiya

12/Dec/19 11:10 AM

Hello Tom,

I understand your concern but as the issue is not reproducible from your end now I will not be able to investigate further.
I would suggest you to create a new ticket or reopen this ticket if you face the same issue in the future.

As everything looks fine for now, I’ll go ahead and close this ticket now. If you need any other assistance regarding this ticket, feel free to reopen this and I will jump on it right away.

If you experience any other issues and need our assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again; we're happy to help!

Have a great day ahead!!!
Best regards,

Tom Crowley December 12, 2019

So, the answer is that no one knows why, and they can't find out why, but if it happens again, I should create a new ticket. Presumably so that they can not be able to replicate it again...

0 votes
Tom Crowley December 11, 2019

"Thanks for getting in touch with Atlassian Cloud Support. I am Neha and I will be assisting you with this ticket.
I tried to replicate the issue but could not find the reported behavior, I can see the recently visited, worked, stared and draft pages in recent pages option, please find the below screenshots:"

Guess we'll never know...

0 votes

We noticed it this morning. No idea why. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events