New navigation and Home are coming to Confluence Cloud

135 comments

Mary Connor December 11, 2019

Our use of Confluence with Jira Service Desk absolutely require viewing with the pagetree displaying in order to communicate where the page is in the information hierarchy. How is this being done in the new navigation?

To be clear: the pagetree is mission-critical. Our knowledge base and product documentation depend on it.

Like # people like this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

@Mary Connor the top bar becomes the global navigation, but the navigation (page tree) for the current space you are looking at remains on the left.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/new-confluence-navigation-978220550.html#NewConfluencenavigation-Spacesidebar

Comms+-+top+nav+home+-+page+%281%29

Like # people like this
Damian Suchodolski December 12, 2019

Great! Good job!

Like # people like this
Arthur Schaefer December 15, 2019

I've just started using Confluence here.

The new Navigation seems much easier to find the articles I'm working on.

Thank you!

Like Jessica likes this
Shawn Kalin December 16, 2019

Is anyone doing internal to external communications in the platform now?

Like Jessica likes this
john.bradstreet January 16, 2020

Anything would be a huge improvement to what we have now.  So happy you're trying to make it better.

Ankur Nema January 21, 2020

Can't wait for this change to roll out on my site...

Matthew Buchanan January 29, 2020

The change was rolled out to my site and now it has rolled back. Has anyone else experienced this?

Aleš Kafka January 31, 2020

I am looking forward to new features.

Almonzer Eskandar February 5, 2020

@Elaine H.  brilliant work (as usual). May I ask how did you measure that 95% of users prefered the new navigation, is that by actually keeping the Chrome Ext on for a while, leaving feedback or another way? 

Like Naaman Hudson likes this
Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

@Matthew Buchanan , looks like you have found your way to the ticket for this topic.

What you experienced is an unintended rollback of the new top navigation experience due to a bug with a third-party tool we use to release features.

Please stay posted on the latest status here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69276.

Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if there's anything we can be of help.

Yousuf Sohail February 6, 2020

Looking forward to it. Kudos!

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

@Matthew Buchanan , your Confluence site should have the new top navigation recovered and received the new Home experience in addition. Please confirm. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Thank you.

Elaine H.
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

@Almonzer Eskandar , thank you for your acknowledgement of our work. It means the world to me. Yes, the 95% was primarily based the Chrome extension prototype users who continued to use it for a certain amount of time.

Since my original post, we have rolled out the new experience to a much larger amount of users. We have seen higher confidence indicator that the new navigation is a significant improvement to our users' experience finding what they need in Confluence.

Has your site received the new navigation experience yet?

trivard February 11, 2020

This looks like a huge improvement

Deleted user February 11, 2020

I too am looking for an environment that I can play with this before making a decision about how to roll this out and to demo to our team.

Abhishek Singh February 11, 2020

Too much happy :D

James Easton February 12, 2020

Much improved, look forward to seeing it released! 

Alex Ormerod February 13, 2020

Really keen to see these changes within our site!

Alexander Farr February 14, 2020

Will we still be able to connect confluence spaces in the new Jira UI. Right now there is a pages tab, is that going to still exist, I didn’t see that in the photos provided. 

Like Avin JK likes this
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

Why did some sites that already had the new (horizontal) layout changed back to the old (vertical) layout during the past weeks?

Avin JK February 26, 2020

Good to see the efforts made to improve user experience.

Nicole February 27, 2020

How does this impact public Confluence sites? It seems like the additional navigation will make it more confusing.

Naaman Hudson February 28, 2020

Looks awesome! Much easier to navigate around.

Jesse February 29, 2020

Our instance says it is supposed to update the week of Feb 24. and hasn't yet.  Any idea on how to resolve this?  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events