cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ConfiForms and how to start with it

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

This is a placeholder question/answer for ConfiForms add-on for Confluence on Atlassian Answers

---------------

ConfiForms helps you to create custom data entry forms and workflows in Confluence. 

Easiest and fastest way to start with it is to watch this video: http://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+a+simple+form

Also, this page helps to understand the basic concept used in ConfiForms - separation of form definitions from data presentations. And shows multiple ways how you can show the stored data to your users: http://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Multiple+ways+to+show+your+form+data

Update 7.11.2019 - we have launched a new website for ConfiForms app at https://confiforms.com (lots of tutorials grouped by themes)

Welcome!

---------

8 answers

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ Hi, can we take data from the Jira fields in task or Epic  and insert it into Confluence page in table?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2020

Hi

You need to have a form that has a Jira field and store the issue key into it.

Then you can access almost any field this Jira issue has and show it in a view.

Good tutorial on this can be found here: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+Jira+issue+fields+directly+from+ConfiForms+using+Jira+issue+field

0 votes
Tamara Madrid August 26, 2020

Hi Alex! I have a question, when will you add new functionalities to the cloud version? Currently it is not possible to handle workflows in cloud version but server version yes, then I would like to know when you will complete the cloud version?

Thanks! 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2020

ConfiForms for Confluence cloud already supports workflows - true that there is a limited set of integrations currently possible

See ConfiForms IFTTT Rules macro differences here https://wiki.vertuna.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52626693

We are constantly improving ConfiForms for cloud and you can see what is planned to be implemented on the mentioned page as well

What in particular is missing in your opinion? So, we can (re)prioritise or work...

Like Tamara Madrid likes this
0 votes
Wade Hephner June 17, 2020

Hello, is it possible to connect Confiforms to Jira Service Desk? I would like to be able to use Service Desk as an intake for my forms.

thanks,

-wade

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

Hi

When you say connect to Jira Service Desk - what does it actually mean?

Are you asking if it is possible to create a form with ConfiForms that will create an issue in the Jira Service Desk? Then yes, you can setup a form to talk to your JSD and that is achievable via REST APIs your Jira Service Desk has.

Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply, that is good to know. I was wondering if it could happen the other way around. Could i send users to my service desk to fill out a form that would populate to confiforms in confluence instead of creating a jira issue?

-wade

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

This use case is not what ConfiForms is designed for. You need to check the JSD functionality and the automation they offer. Maybe it's possible to call a ConfiForms REST API from JSD on submit. I dont know, sorry 

Hi Alex, no worries.

I think i can just create link in service desk that goes to a specific confiform and that will take care of my issue.

thanks for your time

-wade

0 votes
SP May 13, 2020

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ is there any plan to add plugins for microsoft teams ?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2020

Can you elaborate? What plugin are you looking for?

SP May 14, 2020

Am looking to create teams meeting through confiform 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2020

ConfiForms has a way to call any web-api, as long there is one - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactions-WebServiceRequest

So, this means - if teams have the APIs to create a meeting then this should be doable with ConfiForms

0 votes
Sally Diab September 9, 2019

Hello, I have installed the confiform app  but cannot find it in Confluence when I want to add in in a confluence page. I am sure I am missing something here...pls help.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2019

Are you using Confluence server or cloud? Make sure the app is enabled (for server) and you have active subscription (for cloud)

Look for the macros which start with confi

Sally Diab September 10, 2019

Its working now Thanks. I think I just needed to give it time to appear.

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_

It' really a nice plugin. I have a feature request if possible.
When I use Calendar View and double click on a date, my date picker field on form get that specific date as default value. Is it possible now?

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_

Could you help me about using this functionality:
https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/using+inline+mode+individual+edits+with+Using+permissions+to+restrict+edit+of+certain+fields+to+certain+user+groups

I need to restrict editing to confluence-administrators users and I use this in hide control of edit macro:
confluence-administrators.securityGroupHas():false

but it dosen't work.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Thank you fo your feature request, we will look into extending the CalendarView to implement this functionality.

As for your second question - the correct expression filter would be 

_user.userInSecurityGroup(confluence-administrators):true
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Hi Alex

Thanks for your fast responce.

This doesn't work for me.
I need to restrict edit control to current user if

1- his/her name picked in a single user picker

or

2- belong to confluence-administrator group.

I use this expression 

• !myuserpickerfieldname:[entry._user] OR _user.userInSecurityGroup(confluence-administrators):true

in Hide controls when stored data (for given record) matches this criteria field

and this

• myuserpickerfieldname:[entry._user] OR _user.userInSecurityGroup(confluence-administrators):true

in Visible only to groups/users field in ‘Edit Controls for ConfiForms’ Macro and no one work.

Could you correct my expression?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2018

The requirements you put should be implemented differently.  As you are missing one core concept in ConfiForms - record ownership.

Each record in ConfiForms has a metadata field called "ownedBy" to hold the owner of the record. See ConfiForms Documentation

You shall have this field updated with ConfiForms IFTTT on create/ on update events with the value from your "myuserpickerfieldname" field

This will ensure the record is only editable by this person

Additionally, you need to set restrictions on the page with ConfiForms to be editable only by your "confluence-administrators" group

This way, you will ensure who are the form administrators and form administrators could edit any record within the form

See also Confluence page permissions and ConfiForms

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2018
0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2017

An article about ConfiForms on Atlassian blogs - 6 simple HR forms you can use in Confluence

And this is just one area where you can use ConfiForms. The possibilities are really endless, you can build your very own dynamic forms for any business purpose you may have. 

Give it a try, available on Atlassian marketplace, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.vertuna.confluence.plugins.confiforms/server/overview

0 votes
Terie Grant December 10, 2015

Is this a free plugin for Confluence?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015

Hi, plugin is free for Open Source and Non Profit orgs For commercial use it is a paid plugin, Take a look at Marketplace listing https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.vertuna.confluence.plugins.confiforms/server/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events