dynamic Header in Webservice Confiform ifttt macro

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2018

Hi

I need to pass a dynamic Header to my webservice request in ifttt macro.

the value of this header could be retrive from another confiform field or result of another ifttt macro in same page. Are there any way to do this?

ifttt_1 --> give me a token and I have this now using {iftttResult_0}

ifttt_2 - > I should use one of parametr of previous ifttt as header in order to call second webservice.

Any Idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

At the moment headers parameter is not evaluated as expression. We will add this shortly

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2019

Just to update the old answer that the evaluations of headers has been added a while ago and is supported

Val Clark March 22, 2024

I know this thread is rather old, but I'm trying to do basically the same thing as @Ansar Rezaei in the original post, where I'm getting an Okta token, then trying to use that token in a dynamic header in another API request.

Getting the Okta token is working, but I can't so far figure out how to insert the token value in a dynamic header. I'm trying this in the Request Headers field, but unsure of proper syntax:

Authorization: Bearer [entry.oktaToken]

Is there some documentation on dynamic headers I can refer to?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2024

In https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-WebServiceRequest you can add request headers (parameter)

Try adding there

Authorization: Bearer [entry.oktaToken]

Alex

Val Clark March 22, 2024

Sorry I should have mentioned, that's exactly where I'm doing it. So it does look like I'm doing it in the right place and that syntax should work. I may have something else that needs tweaking. I'll keep poking at it.

Thanks!!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2024

Feel free to open a support ticket with us and share a bit of a form configuration, so we can take a look and try to help you with troubleshooting

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events