Unable to save inline comments

Shirly Tsang January 17, 2020

We were unable to save any inline comments for all users. We were able to enter inline comments, but when we clicked "Save," the page was redirected to the Home page. No comments were saved.

Please help resolve this issue because our reviewers are currently unable to make comments to our documentation. This is affecting our productivity.

Thanks!

Shirly

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Hey @Shirly Tsang , 

I've seen different discussions around this here. As per your description, it looks like you're not getting any error message and being redirected straight to the Home page. 

Did you have a chance to check your logs? In the meantime, I would take a look at what others have experienced as well

Shirly Tsang January 17, 2020

Thanks, Ivan! Yes, we have reviewed all the posts you mentioned above. We also checked the configuration to ensure that we've enabled the Confluence Inline Comments add-on and all the modules. Still no luck. :-(

Shirly

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2020

Have you checked your logs? Since there is no error message, this is probably the best way to begin troubleshooting your issue. 

Also, as you're looking for a quick response, while you're doing your research, I suggest raising a ticket with Atlassian support and attach your logs. Thus, they can provide you with additional insights in the meantime.

You can also keep looking at the Confluence KB and Atlassian's public issue tracker. You can search using keywords i.e., "inline", "inline comments", etc.

Other than that, I also suggest posting here as many details as you can such as screenshots, your Confluence version, browser, etc. So, more folks can chime in with their thoughts, opinions and experience. 😉

Cheers.

Shirly Tsang January 21, 2020

Thanks, Ivan! We will check our logs to see if they give us some clues as to what might have happened. I also noticed that when we used the inline comment, we saw only the comment icon, whereas in the past, there was another icon next to it. Please see the following screen shot.image.png

I'll file a bug with Atlassian Support in hope that they can address this issue.

Thanks again!

Shirly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events