Problem: Saving of inline comments not possible!

jduerscheid February 21, 2019

I updated the our Confluence 2 weeks ago to the Version 6.14.1

After the update I have tested the comment function. Both version (inline and under the article) works fine. Since Yesterday I got from an user the information, that it is no longer possible to create new inline comments. 

Comments under the article and a reply to an existing inline comment is still possible.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jduerscheid February 26, 2019

I got an answer from the support team. There was an dammaged file, which i had to delete, so it was new created on a restart of confluence:

After i did this, the error was solved.

0 votes
Shirly Tsang January 17, 2020

We have the same problem: unable to save inline comments after we upgrade to 6.15.4. We were able to add comments, but when we click "Save," the page redirected to the home page. This is affecting our productivity now that we cannot save inline comments!

Shilry

0 votes
Susanne_ERTLE December 13, 2019

Also having the same issue with version 6.10.0 for one user only.

0 votes
Carsten Schäfer November 27, 2019

also facing the error, sometimes not sometimes yes.

Not trustfull !

0 votes
Kemal Tuncelli September 4, 2019

Facing the same issue since we have updated to 6.13...

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hi Johannes,

I understand you are unable to add inline comments on your instance. Some of the more common causes of this can be found on Inline Comment Popup Does Not Show For Certain Users. I recommend reading through this and walking through the solutions it suggests.

If you still cannot add inline comments, the following information will help us understand the situation a bit better:

• Does this happen to more than one user?
  • Does the happen on more than one page?
  • Is the Confluence Inline Comments add-on enabled?
  • Is collaborative editing set to On (NOT Limited)? (Cog > General Configuration > Collaborative Editing)

– Zak

jduerscheid February 21, 2019

Hi Zak,

the Popup apears if I want to add an new inline comment. I can write the new comment, but when I want to save it there is an error, that saving the comment is not possible. 

The problem have different users, and exist on different pages.

The Confluence Inline Comments add-on is enabled. 

The collaborative editing set is Off. (Due to an problem that inline comments are not show in Firefox)

- Johannes

Like # people like this
Nicholas Wade July 15, 2019

Is Confluence Cloud being developed by the community? The reason I ask is that yes, I have the same problem and it's just one of several problems that are driving me nuts.

My productivity has gone out the window and I'm thinking - write it all in Word first and upload.

This just does not feel like a mature stable product, and I don't see that I should be spending my time helping Atlassian develop it.

Back to comments - its happening on odd pages not all. I can only assume that with the screwed up templates there is some kind of missing link? 

Huib Hezemans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2022

Same here. Worked fine before but now in different spaces/documents/users: 'We’re having trouble adding your comment. Try highlighting more or less text.'

Pls. get it fixed asap

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events