Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inline comments not saving

Chris Mitchell February 1, 2016

My team can no-longer save inline comments on Confluence pages - unfortunately, I can't track down at what point (as it relates to Confluence or add on updates) this issue started occurring, although I first noticed it the 3rd week of January.... I have tried adding inline comments both as an admin and a regular confluence-user with no success.  Any help would be appreciated (please note, the issue appears in both Chrome and Firefox browsers).

Chris

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Mitchell August 4, 2016

This item is fixed (at least for me) in Ver 5.9.6

Nicholas Wade July 15, 2019

Well not for me...!! Just noticed that Confluence Cloud is not saving the comments seems somewhat erratic. some pages do some don't.

I think the problem might be only with the Cloud version. No idea why but guessing something to do with the slow server response. 

Like Christian Ewald likes this
Jonathan Worosylo September 18, 2020

I'm seeing this right now too. 

2 votes
Kate Barrett September 6, 2016

I'm having the same problem. I'm also pretty frustrated with this customer service process. Is this really the only way to get bug/ technical issue figured out? Is there a customer support person listening here? If so, please help! Inline commenting is a crucial feature in Confluence!!!!!!!!

Chris Mitchell September 6, 2016

Kate,this item is fixed (at least for me) in Ver 5.9.6

Kate Barrett September 6, 2016

Chris, how do I tell what my version is? Is it a company-wide truth? I was under the impression that my company is always on the latest version because we are using Confluence as an online application.

Chris Mitchell September 6, 2016

I can't speak to the cloud version – sorry. You will need to ask your confluence admin.

1 vote
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2022

Hi @Chris Mitchell ,

Your question is water under the bridge, but as an alternative to Confluence inline comments, you can try our Talk - Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app. It levels up your inline comments in Confluence:

• add and answer comments in edit mode
  • restrict viewing for inline comments for specific people or groups
  • add suggestions to make 
  • make Talk report and see the table with all the comments on a page or in a SpaceTalk report.png
  • mark important comments and easily access them
  • set priority for answering comments
  • change color for a thread
  • a bunch of features more.

These little features make your experience with Confluence inline comments far better.

1 vote
Kelvin A Hill September 7, 2016

We are using the cloud version. We noticed this issue towards the end of last week.

It is easy to reproduce. Simply create a new page with "hello  world" on it. Note: there are two spaces between "hello" and "world". That forces a non-breaking space " " in order to retain the double space when rendering the HTML. That is causing the problem.

Strangely, even if you delete all content from the page and start again, the problem persists. It appears the " " is damaging something in the non-editable part of the page.

Kelvin A Hill September 7, 2016

I have reported this to Atlassian today, since it is really simple to reproduce using any browser.

Daryn Louw September 7, 2016

This is also occurring for me on Chrome for Mac. I add a comment and save then receive the error "Could not save the comment"  This is on the cloud version.  

1 vote
Barry Kaplan February 15, 2016

Same here. At first I thought it was just chrome. But now I see firefox also cannot save. 

I should point out that I can press the save button for a comment. And the marker on the text is indeed shown. But when refreshing the page the comment is gone.

0 votes
Sumesh Sukumaran August 12, 2019

Still there is some bug with Microsoft Edge. it worked for me with chrome.

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

Having same issue on fresh install of 5.10.2. Does anyone know if Atlassian has created a bug for this we can follow?

0 votes
einsnulleins_GmbH September 12, 2016

We are having the same problem, with a fesh on premise installation of Confluence 5.10.5

0 votes
Shireen Gonzaga August 5, 2016

According to my systems admin, the comments reappear after a hard refresh. And sure enough they re-appeared. It's frustrating. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

0 votes
Shireen Gonzaga August 4, 2016

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know what's going on? This problem also appears in Safari.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events