Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new space

Markus Köhler January 3, 2019

I already followed approx. 5 of the common causes and resolutions for this error, but nothing helped as of now, I am unable to create a new space. Did not notice any further error from the frontend as of now. The error I see from the Chrome developer tools is error 500 for https://<domain>/confluence/rest/create-dialog/1.0/space-blueprint/dialog/web-items with the content

{
"errorCode": 500,
"errorType": "UNKNOWN"
}

Support ZIP: Confluence_support_2019-01-03-18-12-42.zip

Really I dont know if it is helpfull at all, hope you have an idea.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hi Markus, 

Was this error after an upgrade? or how did the error start occurring?

If this was after an upgrade then I'd try the solution on this link

Confluence add Space fails

Not sure actually, might be that I did not try to create a space after the last upgrade. But just these days I did a migration to another server with a new domain (nginx proxied subdir install), nothing else changed.

That did indeed work, Thanks so much for pointing me to that solution!

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

No problem, i ran into the same issue. Happy new year!

0 votes
Norbert August 19, 2019

Helo everybody, 

solution above recommended does not work for me. 

I run confluence under postgres 9.6. Sionce I am not a database gui at all, I tried pgadmin to access the db and locate the tables suggested. Sorry, but I cannot find these 3 table in order to delete them. 

Can somebody halp, please? 

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

@Norbert 

Please confirm that you're actually connected to the database.

Do you see tables prefixed with

cwd_

For example: cwd_group and cwd_directory.

Norbert August 20, 2019

Hi Edwin, 

thanks for your answer. I was Kind of to quick Posting this Question. 

After runnig the pgadmin4 and a deep look through all the Folders I finally found the 3 tables an deleted them. After that I could create the new space as described above. 

Have a good day everybody. 

Norbert

0 votes
Ajay Gupta May 13, 2019

I also thought to re-create server, and as first step, tried exporting full site. That also failed.

I can create page in existing space.

Confluence version -  6.14.1

thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events