Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence add Space fails - An unknown server error has occurred.

Deleted user September 17, 2018

Hi, 

i recently installed confluence 6.11.0 on ubuntu and It is running on an ip on Port 8090. 

The Base Url of the system is set to that ip including the Port Number.

When i want to create a space ( i am in confluence-admin group ), i get the popup with the message  "An unknown server error has occurred.".

So i had a look into atlassian-confluence.log and there is no hint, what could have went wrong. Since creating a space is one key function, i really would like to know what to do or where to look for answers.

Confluence is running on mysql database and the driver 5.1.47 is installed.

Where can i get informations, on what error occured and how to fix that problem?

( importing spaces from another confluence instance is working )

Thanks for any hint, where i can find a solution.

Patrick 

4 answers

3 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Julian Rdnz November 12, 2018

Hi,

the same problem occurred on my Confluence instance after updating to 6.12.1. It seems to be caused by corrupted data in some template tables.

Solution:

Backup database or even better the whole system ( VM snapshot / XM backup ). You better try this on your staging / dev system!

Shutdown Confluence

Delete tables:

DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_SPACE_BLUEPRINT_AO";
DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_C_TEMPLATE_REF";
DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO"; 

Clean plugin cache: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-clear-confluence-plugins-cache-297664846.html 

Restart Confluence.

Now creating spaces should work again.

Nano Oil November 14, 2018

Thanks, Julian, ever so much! That really worked!

Like Julian Rdnz likes this
Holly Marsh December 20, 2018

This just worked for me on 6.13.0, thanks!

Hank42 January 1, 2019

Confirmed  - works like a charm 6.13.0

Shane Parkinson January 8, 2019

This worked for me after upgrading to Confluence 6.13 and was getting the error in the create space dialogue, with no information in the logs except a hibernate error. This was running on a postgress Database 9.6.10

Rodrigo ventura February 12, 2019

Work! Thanks a lot

IT Support March 27, 2019

Thank you.

Worked for me too!

Saved my day ;-)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 18, 2018

I was wrong with the database . it was running on postgresql and i finally found the issue on that.

So basically there was no installation date set in the database. According to this article here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/create-page-space-loads-forever-due-to-wst-timezone-set-in-server-installation-date-759989578.html

any invalid date-value will lead to that error there.

I did have <null/> in the corresponding value field

select * from bandana where bandanakey like 'confluence.server.installation.date';

so i created a query to update that field to some valid date in the past ( i chose random date )

update bandana set bandanavalue = '<date>2018-06-14 12:00:00.123 AWST</date>' where bandanakey = 'confluence.server.installation.date';

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Confluence v6.11.0 will supports only the following database server and java.

MySQL 5.6

MySQL 5.7

Java 1.8

You can clarify the supported database platform for running Confluence 6.11.0 from the following page and update it if necessary.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html

Location of the log file : <home directory>/logs/atlassian-confluence-log
Logs : open the logs by tail -f atlassian-confluence-log and try to create the space, there you will get the exact error logs related to this space issue. 

Thanks

Yoga

0 votes
Michal Kusinski November 16, 2018

Hi,
I am facing the same issue, however I cannot access database. 
I did cleaned plugin cache. Is there any other workaround. 
Thank you in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events