It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Table of content display while in edit mode?

We wish we could find the way to display the table of content while editing the page.

That would help us to navigate the page using the TOC links.

So, is there a way to have the actual TOC displayed while being in EDIT mode?

Thank you for any link or pointer.

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic_Lagger Community Leader Dec 10, 2019

Hi @Michel_Levy 

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. 

I'm using confluence server as well. But for confluence cloud, there was an announcment, where it will be possible to get "live macros". Here is a short video about live macros at the summit in barcelona

I don't know if this feature is already online for confluence cloud. Does someone know? 

And I also don't know, whether this will come to server version as well. 

Hope this helped.

Regards, Dominic 

@Dominic_Lagger 

Thank you for your answer.

I read the article about these Live Macros, and indeed this is almost what we wish to get,

however it looks like that the Live macro concept as explained in that article is that it would offer some sort of live preview, but not necessarily be "usable" as being able to let users click on links that would direct them to different part of the page.

Anyway, this seems to only going to be available on cloud as you said and not even available yet.

Thank you again for sending us all that information

Like Dominic_Lagger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you