Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of content display while in edit mode?

Michel_Levy December 10, 2019

We wish we could find the way to display the table of content while editing the page.

That would help us to navigate the page using the TOC links.

So, is there a way to have the actual TOC displayed while being in EDIT mode?

Thank you for any link or pointer.

3 answers

1 vote
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Hi @Michel_Levy 

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. 

I'm using confluence server as well. But for confluence cloud, there was an announcment, where it will be possible to get "live macros". Here is a short video about live macros at the summit in barcelona

I don't know if this feature is already online for confluence cloud. Does someone know? 

And I also don't know, whether this will come to server version as well. 

Hope this helped.

Regards, Dominic 

Michel_Levy December 12, 2019

@Dominic Lagger 

Thank you for your answer.

I read the article about these Live Macros, and indeed this is almost what we wish to get,

however it looks like that the Live macro concept as explained in that article is that it would offer some sort of live preview, but not necessarily be "usable" as being able to let users click on links that would direct them to different part of the page.

Anyway, this seems to only going to be available on cloud as you said and not even available yet.

Thank you again for sending us all that information

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Benedikt Strasser November 15, 2022

There is a feature request submitted where you can vote for: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71398

0 votes
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2023

Hi all! I'm David, a product manager on Confluence Cloud. I'm proud to announce that Table of Contents now displays while you are editing! Check out the community article announcement!

Note that you cannot yet navigate the page while editing using the TOC links, but that is what we are working on next!

0 votes
Caroline Fangel January 18, 2023

Really wish this would exist! As soon as you have a document longer than your screen it's hard to navigate it. The Outliner on Google Docs is really good for this.

Gerri Mills May 16, 2023

Yes 100%

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events