Share Confluence page with a group by looking up available groups

I know it is possible to share a Confluence page to users and to groups. However, it is absolutely necessary to know the actual name of the group, or at least the first letters of it.

1. Is there a way to browse all available groups?
  2. Is there a way to preview the members of this group (for confluence-users)

I know a workaround would be to add a prefix (e.g., "gr_" to all groups intended to use for the sharing process and communicate within the organization. However it would be way easier if a simple look up of groups is possible.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Markus,

We have a bug report below since Confluence is not auto-completing group names when sharing:

Please vote on that and comment with your version so we can keep track of who and what is still affected.

I have noticed that if I insert the User List Macro on a page, and enter * as the group name, it will display all groups and their members. This will display even if I'm not site admin, so perhaps you could create this page for your reference.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Thanks Shannon.

I found already the opportunity to list the groups including their members for documentation. However, I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

best

Markus

Glad to hear you were able to find that, Markus! 

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,547 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you