Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Confluence page with a group by looking up available groups

Markus Raab October 11, 2017

I know it is possible to share a Confluence page to users and to groups. However, it is absolutely necessary to know the actual name of the group, or at least the first letters of it.

1. Is there a way to browse all available groups?
  2. Is there a way to preview the members of this group (for confluence-users)

I know a workaround would be to add a prefix (e.g., "gr_" to all groups intended to use for the sharing process and communicate within the organization. However it would be way easier if a simple look up of groups is possible.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi Markus,

We have a bug report below since Confluence is not auto-completing group names when sharing:

Please vote on that and comment with your version so we can keep track of who and what is still affected.

I have noticed that if I insert the User List Macro on a page, and enter * as the group name, it will display all groups and their members. This will display even if I'm not site admin, so perhaps you could create this page for your reference.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Markus Raab October 13, 2017

Thanks Shannon.

I found already the opportunity to list the groups including their members for documentation. However, I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

best

Markus

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Glad to hear you were able to find that, Markus! 

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events