It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search for Confluence Pages without Tags

Hey,

ich want to search for Pages in my Wiki where i or others forgot to set Tags.

Perfect would be a search a filter like "noTags" Tags=NULL or something but a List of all Pages sorted by Tags or Tag count would be okay too.

Someone an idea?

2 answers

2 votes
James Dellow Community Leader Oct 20, 2017

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-find-pages-in-Confluence-space-with-no-label/qaq-p/263864

Just try putting the following in the search box:

type:page NOT labelText:[a TO z]

Hello James,

thank you very much!

Your suggestion works fine

0 votes

Hello James,

thank you very much!

Your suggestion works fine.

James Dellow Community Leader Oct 24, 2017

No problem!

Jermaine O I'm New Here Mar 22, 2019

Hi James, Is there a particular way to limit the search results to a Parent Page? Using the Search Results macro I can limit the results to a Space but I'd like to also limit the results to just the children of a certain page. 

James Dellow Community Leader Mar 22, 2019

Confluence Query Language (CQL) supports two filters that do this, ancestor and parent. However, I don't think they'll work with the Search Results macro. Have you tried the Page Tree Macro with the search option selected?

Jermaine O I'm New Here Mar 25, 2019

Thanks for the reply James. I've just tried the Page Tree macro however it didn't seem to work out fully for me: The search syntax "ancestorsid:########" works to provide a list within a subset of pages. However, "parent:########" does not seem to work - this turns out no results. 

I've resorted to performing my search then adding additional an additional filter within the search results screen to filter on "with parent". I've then saved the URL of the results to quickly perform this search in the future. 

Like James Dellow likes this

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,296 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you