Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove user added from LDAP User Directory

Matt Uebel September 12, 2013

I have a user that was added through a read only LDAP directory. I have since removed the user from the associated group in LDAP, but the user still exists in Confluence. How can I remove this user entirely from Confluence?

2 answers

1 vote
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2013

Hi Matt,

Try running the full synchronization ( Disable the User Directory, Enable it and synchronize)

This should remove the user that's not in LDAP anymore.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Hi Marcus, I am guessing I will need a maintenance window to disable the user directory? That is, while disabled, LDAP users won't be able to access.

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2013

Indeed. While the user directory is disabled, no ldap users will be able to access the application.

Matt Uebel September 18, 2013

Does this have any effect on existing users, and their configuration settings?

Pablo Ribeiro November 18, 2014

what is resolution? i need removed users synchronize with User of the protocol Ldap

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2013

Hi Matt,

Do you want to remove all mentions of this user (the changes made, comments made,...) ?

Or only his/her access?

If you want to remove all links to this user completely that's not so easy.

Best regards,

Peter

user activity isn't an issue, just looking to have user not listed in people, not count towards licensing etc.

When attempting to Disable the user, receive error that it is read-only LDAP directory.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2013

Matt,

Did you already look at these articles :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Changing+the+Number+of+Users+Synchronized+from+LDAP+to+Confluence

and

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Disabling+External+User+Does+Not+Reduce+Licensed+User+Count

They are both about reducing your user count in a Confluence instance with an LDAP.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events