Plugin for bulk download of files attached to confluence

Hi 

Can you please suggest available Plugin which allows to download multiple files at same time.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Dhanshree,

I would recommend using DownThemAll (only available for Firefox) and download them from an Attachments Macro. You can specify what type of attachment it downloads from a page using this browser add-on.

Have a look at that and let us know if you have any trouble.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi @Shannon Spaniol,

Thanks for providing the information on this. 

I tried to read as much possible about DownThemAll however, it is not feasible for us as we are using confluence which is compatible on google crome and IE. DownThem All have the limitation of using firefox.

Is there anyother macro available within confluence or any other plugin which can help in downloading all the attached files in confluence downloaded at same time.

Dhanshree,

Keep in mind, Confluence is compatible with the following browsers:

Desktop browsers:

(tick) Internet Explorer 11

(tick) Microsoft Edge

(tick) Chrome

(tick) Firefox

(tick) Safari (Mac only)

Mobile browsers:

(tick) Chrome

(tick) Firefox

(tick) Safari (iOS only)

(tick) Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later

So there should be nothing stopping you from using Firefox.

However, you can download all attachments from a page when you embed the Attachments Macro.

Additionally, you can access Confluence via a WebDAV client, and this would allow you to manually manage your attachments. 

Let me know if any of these solutions would work for you or if you have any trouble with it!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi @Shannon Spaniol

We are currently using the attachment macro only but the restriction is that we have to download each file one by one.

When I use file List template of confluence I do get an option of downloading all the file at one go by using download all option.

However, what I want is downloading all the attachments irrespective of page where it is attached. I understand that we can use space attachment macro to view all the attachment at one place. However, how can I download them all at one go.

We do not have option of download all as we have when we use file list template.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you