Plugin for bulk download of files attached to confluence

Dhanshree Agrahari August 29, 2017

Hi 

Can you please suggest available Plugin which allows to download multiple files at same time.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hi Dhanshree,

I would recommend using DownThemAll (only available for Firefox) and download them from an Attachments Macro. You can specify what type of attachment it downloads from a page using this browser add-on.

Have a look at that and let us know if you have any trouble.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Dhanshree Agrahari October 5, 2017

Hi @Shannon S,

Thanks for providing the information on this. 

I tried to read as much possible about DownThemAll however, it is not feasible for us as we are using confluence which is compatible on google crome and IE. DownThem All have the limitation of using firefox.

Is there anyother macro available within confluence or any other plugin which can help in downloading all the attached files in confluence downloaded at same time.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Dhanshree,

Keep in mind, Confluence is compatible with the following browsers:

Desktop browsers:

(tick) Internet Explorer 11

(tick) Microsoft Edge

(tick) Chrome

(tick) Firefox

(tick) Safari (Mac only)

Mobile browsers:

(tick) Chrome

(tick) Firefox

(tick) Safari (iOS only)

(tick) Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later

So there should be nothing stopping you from using Firefox.

However, you can download all attachments from a page when you embed the Attachments Macro.

Additionally, you can access Confluence via a WebDAV client, and this would allow you to manually manage your attachments. 

Let me know if any of these solutions would work for you or if you have any trouble with it!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Dhanshree Agrahari October 5, 2017

Hi @Shannon S

We are currently using the attachment macro only but the restriction is that we have to download each file one by one.

When I use file List template of confluence I do get an option of downloading all the file at one go by using download all option.

However, what I want is downloading all the attachments irrespective of page where it is attached. I understand that we can use space attachment macro to view all the attachment at one place. However, how can I download them all at one go.

We do not have option of download all as we have when we use file list template.

Like Murilo Gabardo Kramar likes this
Brett Jarvis April 24, 2019

Shannon & Dhanshree,

Was there ever an answer on a way to download all the attachments irrespective of page where it is attached? 

Is there a macro or plug-in to download all the attachments, in their original format, for an entire Space? 

Thank you,

Brett

Brett Jarvis May 3, 2019

The article (1) provided does not answer our original question (2).  This forces my team to recommend that our organization not renew our lease which supports 1000+ users.

Our recommendation is MS SharePoint which has an inherent solution to download all the attachments from an entire "Space" without requiring agents go individually to each page to download.

We would feel remiss if we did not note that the article (1) does not answer the original question posed by Ms. Agrahari.  Ms. Agrahari responded that the use WebDAV client did not solve her problem since she stated, “We do not have option of download all as we have when we use file list template.”  For the record, we installed the WebDAV client and discovered the same issue Ms. Agrahari and her team did.

(1) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Plugin-for-bulk-download-of-files-attached-to-confluence/qaq-p/632464

(2) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-macro-plug-in-to-download-all-attachments-in-their/qaq-p/1066841?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=accept_as_solution_reminder&utm_content=topic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events