It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Please enable more code syntax highlighting options Edited

I use Rust, yaml, toml, and Makefile in most projects for work, and that involves writing some documentation on our wiki too.

Edit: also Assembly.

Can we please get further options added (in particular, the ones above)?

2 answers

If you're using Confluence Server, then you can import your own Syntaxhighlighter brushes (.js files) into the Code Macro options in the 
Administrator options in order to enable syntax highlighting for other languages.

If you're using Confluence Cloud, then you could install Better Code Macro for Confluence, which should have at least some of those built-in.

That's great to see, but means I need to get an admin to install it since it's not a default.

I would much prefer to see the list of supported syntax highlights expanded by default for everyone.

Well, I just saw the release notes for Confluence 6.7, and it appears that YAML will be supported out of the box. I would recommend voting for the following issue on the Atlassian Jira site:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-53554

Until then, your best bet is probably to talk to your admin.

Hi Luke Jones,

I recently created custom code syntax highlighter for Confluence Cloud https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219685/code-syntax-highlighter

This covers most of the languages you are mentioning. It's free plugin for now, please try it and let me know if it solves your problem. Thank you.

Hi @Nar Kumar _Bitwelt Software,

this looks cool but can't install.

It get 404 error with the link: 

https://<yourdomain>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace/plugins/code-prettify

Could you check it if you experience the same? 

Best,
Zsombor

Ok, it should be an Atlassian marketplace issue. Never mind. 

Starting from confluence admin page, I was able to install the app. 

@Nar Kumar _Bitwelt Software,

In regards to the promotion of your add-on Code Syntax Highlighter, please review the guidelines for vendors, particularly these sections:

No spamming: Although you are welcome to offer your product as a solution when appropriate, this doesn't mean posting links everywhere that you can find.

No necroposting: Aka, no "raising threads from the dead." In general, avoid posting on old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products.

Please take care to limit the promotions your add-on only on newer threads, and make sure to always let users know that you are the vendor for that add-on.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

306 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you