Please enable more code syntax highlighting options

Luke January 14, 2018

I use Rust, yaml, toml, and Makefile in most projects for work, and that involves writing some documentation on our wiki too.

Edit: also Assembly.

Can we please get further options added (in particular, the ones above)?

3 answers

2 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

If you're using Confluence Server, then you can import your own Syntaxhighlighter brushes (.js files) into the Code Macro options in the 
Administrator options in order to enable syntax highlighting for other languages.

If you're using Confluence Cloud, then you could install Better Code Macro for Confluence, which should have at least some of those built-in.

Luke January 15, 2018

That's great to see, but means I need to get an admin to install it since it's not a default.

I would much prefer to see the list of supported syntax highlights expanded by default for everyone.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

Well, I just saw the release notes for Confluence 6.7, and it appears that YAML will be supported out of the box. I would recommend voting for the following issue on the Atlassian Jira site:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-53554

Until then, your best bet is probably to talk to your admin.

0 votes
weweave UG
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2020

Even though this question is quite old, for Confluence Cloud you can give our app Prism Syntax Highlighter for Confluence (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222532/prism-syntax-highlighter-for-confluence) a try. It supports syntax highlighting for Rust, yaml, toml, and Makefile.

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2018

Hi Luke Jones,

I recently created custom code syntax highlighter for Confluence Cloud https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219685/code-syntax-highlighter

This covers most of the languages you are mentioning. It's free plugin for now, please try it and let me know if it solves your problem. Thank you.

Zsombor January 3, 2019

Hi @Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software,

this looks cool but can't install.

It get 404 error with the link: 

https://<yourdomain>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace/plugins/code-prettify

Could you check it if you experience the same? 

Best,
Zsombor

Zsombor January 3, 2019

Ok, it should be an Atlassian marketplace issue. Never mind. 

Starting from confluence admin page, I was able to install the app. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

@Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software,

In regards to the promotion of your add-on Code Syntax Highlighter, please review the guidelines for vendors, particularly these sections:

No spamming: Although you are welcome to offer your product as a solution when appropriate, this doesn't mean posting links everywhere that you can find.

No necroposting: Aka, no "raising threads from the dead." In general, avoid posting on old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products.

Please take care to limit the promotions your add-on only on newer threads, and make sure to always let users know that you are the vendor for that add-on.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events