• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Page Properties report does not find some pages labelled "requirements"

Some confluence pages with the "requirements" label do not appear in a page properties report configured to show all pages with the requirements label.

Eg, Page A and B have a page properties macro instance on them (with say fields field_a, field_b) and the "requirements" label applied. Page C has a Page Properties Report macro configured to show properties from pages with the "requirements" label.  Surprisingly Page A and its fields do not appear in the page properties report, whereas Page B does.  Perhaps more surprisingly, deleting the requirements label on Page A and re-applying it clears the problem (now both pages show up in the page properties report).  Persistent issue is figuring out how pages get into this non-working state.

Using the Confluence GUI, pages that aren't showing up in the page properties report do have the requirements label at their bottom right as expected.  Using the REST API also shows that the pages in question have the requirements label.  Also using the REST API to expand the page content shows that the CQL field driving the page properties report has a query of the form (eg, lablel="requirements" and name ~ XXX").

Searching for pages labelled with "Requirements" doesn't produce the problematic pages when the page properties macro is not working for them - but as noted above the labels appear on those pages when viewed through the GUI.

Can't think of a reason why seemingly replacing the existing "requirements" label with itself on the page fixes the issue, nor why it occurs in the first place.

Any suggestions welcome :-)

7 answers

I know this is an old issue, but I thought I'd drop some breadcrumbs for the next person to see this page.

This might be caused by a problem with Confluence's search index. One way to fix it is to rebuild the search index.

If removing and reapplying the label fixed it, perhaps this behaviour is enough for your search index to catch up and "notice" the page.

See also Page not showing in any search/report/tree

Also having a similar issue. The pages clearly show the label but are not showing up in the page properties report. Simply editing the page, CHANGING NOTHING and publishing is enough to cause them to show up in the report. This is problematic for us as we're using this macro to collect release documents and sometimes they just don't show up, then we have to go modify each page to get them to display in the report. Requires a manual workaround which this report is supposed to help replace.

Like # people like this

We have the same problem, but we only have to view a missing page for it to start appearing in the report. Slightly easier, but unfortunately, that means manually visiting 350+ pages every time we refresh that catalog, so still not a great (admin) user experience.

Anyone know if the Confluence team is working on this bug?

Yes this is an issue for me also

PLEASE FIX THIS

We have a similar issue on the coud version of CONFL. is there an approach for an workaround? 

Upvoting! ++++

This is really annoying issue.

I have even tried to add a completely new label and build a new properties report  and seems like confluence completely ignores those absent pages even in the new report, though other pages when adding this new label are shown in the report instantly.

Please fix.

I'm having the same problem in our Cloud instance, labeled pages aren't showing up as expected.

0 votes
Marina I'm New Here Nov 10, 2020

Is there a bug posted on the Atlassian Confluence project? i would like to vote for the fix. It's really annoying as page reporting macro is used for reporting to the high management... No need to explain further i guess.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

383 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you