Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not showing in any search/report/tree

Bert Van Daele May 30, 2013

I have created a new page in Confluence, starting from the Blank template. Afterwards, I moved it from my personal space to another space using the 'Move' function and added some labels to make it show up in the 'meeting-notes' list.

Although this page does show up as a Child-page in the left-hand nav pane, it does not come up in any search results (e.g. when creating a link, or when using the Report Table or Page Tree macros...)

There is no restriction on the page itself, but there is on the Space it has been moved to.

Please help! Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

How about try checking on your indexes? Have you tried flushing it all? Start your investigation with indexes first. A good troubleshooting page to try and further diagnose on indexing problem would be - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Searching+and+Indexing+Troubleshooting

Thank you for your answer.

I also stumbled upon that page as I was also thinking in that direction, but unfortunately I don't know how to do this flushing? I am a user, not an admin...

Thanks for any hints on how to do this.

Andrew Culver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

A newly created page wasn't appearing for me. It was within the tree structure under the main page of the space, but still wasn't appearing. I suspect a re-index may have fixed this, but first I tried moving the page to the same parent page it was already under, and then it appeared in the tree.

0 votes
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

No problem, glad to know that your problem is now resolved. :D

0 votes

I might be wrong, but it looks like the problem is even more severe than I thought.

None of the new pages I create appear in any search! I tried renaming, moving to another space, etc... Nothing works.

Thoughts?

Bert Van Daele May 31, 2013
OK. In the meantime our admin was able to solve the problem. In the end it indeed was related to the indexes, but Confluence needed a restart before the Rebuild would work. It was probably related to a memory issue... That's anyway for the help!
0 votes
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Oh, if you're a normal end user then you do not have that permission. You are right... how about try contacting your admin? :)

I went to the admin, and he rebuilt the indexes. But unfortunately it didn't help.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events