JIRA Macro not rendering after creation.

Sarah.Prouse April 3, 2023

Help :)

For any new page I am creating with JIRA list macros, after publishing the JIRA list, the display isn't rendering properly.  When trying to edit the macro, the options to change the width of the list don't appear.

Here's how it used to look

JIRA Macro List - good.png

This is how it looks now

JIRA Macro List - bad.png

And this is what it looks like when editing - no options to change the width of the list.

JIRA Macro List - edit.png

Is anyone else having this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Ash Sandhu April 6, 2023

I'm experiencing the same issue and have tried the proposed solutions up top. I put in a support ticket with Atlassian will update once I get a response, it's reassuring to know I am not the only one. 

Ash Sandhu April 6, 2023

I've received an update from Atlassian Cloud Support. They report that a recent release for rendering content seems to be the issue. They are working with the development team on the solution, and a root cause has been identified with an ETA on resolution being tomorrow. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/JIRA-Macro-not-rendering-after-creation/qaq-p/2320529

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Sarah.Prouse and welcome to the community,

In cloud, to be honest, I don't recall this macro to have the width option. However, what you can do is to go full width on the whole page. That should solve your issue:

make full width.png

Sarah.Prouse April 4, 2023

Thanks for the welcome and answer @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

The option for width has always been there up until this week and unfortunately the page is already full width.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

@Sarah.Prouse if you are referring to these options:

width.png

Then what you can do is to remove the jira macro and place it again. They will appear the first time. Afterward they kinda disappear, which it could be a bug.

Sarah.Prouse April 4, 2023

Already tried that several times - it’s very weird

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

On my instance, and with one jira macro it works fine (remove it and insert it again, display the width options). If you are not experiencing this, then try on a new page and see how it behaves. If the problem persists then contact Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events