Issues with knowledge base in service desk

Matt Bennett February 1, 2022

Hi - I am having issues with service desk and confluence integrating as a customer knowledge base... a few things...

1. the pages render poorly and many items that format or load correctly in confluence do not load in the service desk (embedded instructional videos included... which is a big disappointment)

2. Recommended articles are not showing up, at least not for me

3. I can't seem to find any real customer support / configuration support outside community. 

4. I can't add a link to the knowledge base in the service desk portal unless I just create an announcement and paste a link in it. It feels janky. 

Any recommendations? Stuff I am missing? Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Hi @Matt Bennett 

Welcome to the Community!!

• Pages in the knowledge base are not yet rendering properly since the new editor was introduced!! Please raise an Atlassian Support ticket on this one
  • You can restrict the recommendations using labels or type at least a word to get good recommendations on articles. Confluence can't read your mind
  • support.atlassian.com this is a support website
  • You can add the link that links to Confluence pages from the Service desk ticket (let me know what exact error you are facing? may be screenshot is appreciated!!)

Thanks,
Pramodh

Matt Bennett February 2, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M . I am using labels but not seeing recommendations anywhere.

Will try a support ticket.

Here are some screenshots:

Item 1: no recommended articles

Item 2: No link to knowledge base besides the banner I made, and no recommended articles

Item 3: Videos not loading like in confluence and links just showing

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 8.13.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-01 at 8.15.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-01 at 8.19.22 PM.png

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

Hi @Matt Bennett 

The recommendations will come up once you start typing the summary. Check once

Marc Isikoff November 8, 2023

It would be nice if knowledge base restrictions on label actually worked, but they are completely irrelevant and let any request type see confluence pages with different or no labels even if restricted to specific labels.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events