Instructional Text Icon Missing

Rachel Rivera September 27, 2018

Hello,

I was just watching a video on Atlassian's website about Confluence Content Management and it referenced the Instructional Text icon. In the video, that icon appears between the Insert Table icon and the Insert More Content icon.

I did see this post to the community that suggests the icon will appear if you click on the Page Layout icon.

I'm running Confluence 6.11 and do NOT see that icon. Is it not available in my version? Is it turned off? How can I turn it on?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rachel

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2018

Hi @Rachel Rivera,

Instructional Text is only there, if you create or edit a page template. It's not there, if you create or edit a simple page.

Do you create a template?

Rachel Rivera September 27, 2018

OK. I see it now. Thank you!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2018

You're welcome, @Rachel Rivera

Jochen Schüßler September 17, 2020

I have the same problem, but I am definitely working on a template. And the problem only occurs if I have the new editor. In other Confluence spaces I still have the old editor and the icon for instructional text is there. Any idea what the reason could be?

Like giulietta.visintini likes this
giulietta.visintini July 26, 2021

Hi @Jochen Schüßler

Update: Found this and it worked for me as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events