Including date macros / velocity variables in templates in cloud confluence

Andrew Headrick November 20, 2014

I am trying to create multiple types of meeting notes templates in cloud confluence. It would be great if I could clone templates but that does not seem to be possible. When I look at the Meeting Notes template there is a "$currentDateLozenge" variable which renders the current date and widget to change it. I have tried to put that into a template I create but it never works.

Any pointers?

Thanks

7 answers

1 vote
Andrew Headrick November 2, 2015

I think in order to add a date widget you need to have access to the velocity template which you don't get in the cloud product. You need a dedicated install for that. I'm not sure about that as I can't find it documented anywhere and can't find an answer here. From my observations, Atlassian Answers seems to be where questions go to die.

1 vote
Shayne Muelling August 12, 2015

bump - this is still not working

0 votes
Deleted user August 20, 2018

Hi there!

See this: 

"$currentDate" & "$currentUser"

Christian de Bellefeuille October 29, 2018

they are explaining variable.   And this variable seems to be usable within the TITLE of the note.  I've not tried it myself, but i would seriously doubt that it work.   Variables begin with @, but auto-filled variables usually start with a $.

0 votes
Magnus Lidén February 27, 2017

Is there really no answer to this yet?
Tried to make my own user macro but that only gives the current date, so if I want to change manually I don't get the calendar sad 

0 votes
Seth Schommer January 17, 2017

I had this working a couple weeks ago, but I just tried it again and now it's not.  I think I needed to enter a specific character or key combination after entering the date, but now I don't recall what it was.

Seth Schommer January 17, 2017

It looks like typing "//", without the quotes, brings up a date selection widget, but I still can't figure out how to get the current date in automatically when a new page is created from a template that includes "$currentDateLozenge".

0 votes
qingpei wang January 5, 2016

is there anyway to do the same thing by dedicated install confluence?

I want to do the same things as @Andrew Headrick wanted

0 votes
Holger Offermanns November 2, 2015

I just wanted to do the exact same thing. it doesn't work for me as well. Could someone explain what i am doing wrong, or is it just not working?

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events