"$currentDate" & "$currentUser"

Anastasia Sugak November 4, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Template

Why are variables "currentDate" and "currentUser" working only in the template "Meeting notes"? When I create my own templates it doesn't work!

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2015

Hi Anastasia, those variables are part of the meeting notes blueprint, and are unfortunately not available in an ordinary template.   You can comment or watch the suggestion here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30567

You can add your own variables to a template, but they do not automatically populate with information from Confluence, but instead provide a popup for the user creating the page to fill in. 

John Le August 16, 2018

There is an option for "Title of page to be created" macro and you can use @currentDate. This will populate the page with custom title and current date.

Rolf Schweingruber January 13, 2019

Can you explain, where to find this option and how to use? I seem not to be able to use it, when I create a new template.

Thanks

Jaye Bass January 17, 2019

Title of page to be created

Is in the Create From Template edit screen. It does not show up on the template.

The basic flow is

1. Insert a Page Properties macro in your template
  2. Create a new page and add Create From Template macro
  3. Edit the Create From Template macro
  4. Then in the "Title of page to be created" text field add @currentDate
Like # people like this
Doug Kirchgesler August 24, 2020

That works assuming someone goes to the page and clicks the button macro you've created, but how do you enter the current date if they just click the blue Create button and then manually select the template?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events