Impossible to add instructional text to template

Anna Shuster September 12, 2019

I can not find any option to add a jira macro in the template within the instructional text.

I'm trying to add this in the in the Product requirements blueprint.

I found similar topic, which says it's now available as 'Placeholder text'- but this actually doesn't work for the Jira macro or mentioning:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Adding-Instructional-Text-onto-a-New-template-using-new-style/qaq-p/1018770

Moreover, when I'm adding a jira ticket, within the text selection (page view, not editor) - the ticket is successfully created in jira, but not linked on the page from where i created it (I saw it worked in this way before).

So it seems like capabilities of integration with Jira are either broken or i can find them with the current version.

Confluence cloud version is 1000.0.0-8510d98cf09

Please advise.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Anna,

Happy to help you with this. 

From my understanding, you want to insert a Jira Issues Macro into your template in Confluence. Is that correct?

The Placeholder Text (formerly known as Instructional Text, as you discovered) only places text into the template so your users can read it, but it will not end up on the final page. It is not related to displaying Jira issues in a template.

Could you let me know what you were trying to do with the Placeholder Text or if you were really just looking to add the Jira Issues Macro into your template?

I tested it on my Cloud instance and when I type /jira I am able to find and insert the Jira Issues Macro.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events