Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't get email notifications

victoria July 7, 2020

I don't receive notification emails from pages I'm watching. I have checked my settings configuration in Confluence. I have deleted my account and created a new one and still the same result. I have checked my spam folder as well in my Inbox (I use Gamil). Any tips?email_settings_confluence.JPG

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hello @victoria ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There was a block on our side since we got below error while trying to deliver emails to your address (the same one used here):

550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox

I have now removed the block on our side. However, please notice that if the original issue is not solved the block will be added again.

Can you kindly check if you are now able to receive notifications and let me know? 

Cheers,
Dario

victoria July 31, 2020

Hi,

Thank you very much!

That is my correct mailbox and I confirm that I am receiving emails now. Do you why do you receive that error? That is my working email address and I receive all my working emails there.

I have two other colleagues with the same problem. Could you please remove the block for them as well? We all belong to the same company: nxxxa@mycarly.com and alxxxxn@mycarly.com

Thank you again,

Vicky

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

Hello @victoria , 

Apologies for late reply but I am out sick.

I have removed 8 blocks for your domain, including the 2 users you mentioned:

alxxxxn@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T19:17:48+00:00 bounce
bexxxxd@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T19:17:31+00:00 bounce
chxxxher@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T20:47:30+00:00 bounce
dexxxs@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T20:47:30+00:00 bounce
kxxxl@mycarly.com 550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2020-05-02T09:07:38+00:00 bounce
nxxxa@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T19:17:31+00:00 bounce
oxxxr@mycarly.com 550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2020-03-24T20:29:04+00:00 bounce
paxxk@mycarly.com 550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2020-05-02T05:39:38+00:00 bounce

I am not sure why we get above replies when trying to deliver emails to your mailboxes. You might want to check this with your email administrator or IT department. 

Also, I am editing your message to hide your colleagues email addresses since this is a public forum.

Have a nice weekend!

Dario

Muhammad Ahsan Zahid July 21, 2022

Hi @Dario B

I am facing a similar issue about emails not being received whenever the content is updated on the sheets I am watching. 

I have checked my settings and everything is checked under the email settings. 

Can you look into this/

Thanks,

Like Audrey Martin likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2022

Hey @Muhammad Ahsan Zahid

I checked the bounce list for your email address, however, there are no bounced emails.

That being said, I suggest checking the following steps:

1. Use the notification helper to confirm your user is properly configured to receive the notifications you are expecting.
  2. Check if the notifications are not arriving as Spam in your email box
  3. Confirm if your profile is properly configured to receive those notifications, as described in the documentation below:
    Choose email notifications for issue activity in Jira Cloud 

Thanks!

0 votes
Tytus Wachowski August 23, 2022

@Dario B 

I know it's an old thread and not the best way, but I cannot find any newer one - could you please check the bounces for @dekra.com? I've checked all of the settings and everything should be fine. I'm getting emails from Jira but not from Confluence

0 votes
Ofir Adany October 25, 2021

I also have the same problem and some of my team members also.
Can you check that for me also?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 28, 2021

Hello @Ofir Adany ,

Please notice that adding a reply to a thread from more than one year ago is not the best way to get support on your issue(s). 

Since your site is on a standard (non free) license, the best way to report issues in your case is to ask the site-admin to create a support request using: 

For the rest, I have checked in our system and, while I can find a lot of blocks and bounces for other email address from your same domain, I cannot see any block associated to your specific email address.

I have removed all the bounces for your same email domain and hopefully this solved your issue. Otherwise, please ask your site-admin to create a support request as mentioned above.

Cheers,
Dario

Ofir Adany October 31, 2021

Hi thanks, @Dario B !
I checked again after the steps you have made and I'm still not getting emails.

I also opened a separate ticket here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/I-don-t-get-email-notifications/qaq-p/1425370#M224037

How can we proceed? 

Dario B
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2021

@Ofir Adany ,

Please notice the link is pointing to itself (the above comment in this same thread). Also:

• Apparently you are not site-admin of any site anymore (most likely the subscription expired). Therefore, there is no way for you to create a support ticket at the moment. Only site-admins can do so.
  • I have checked the logs and I can see around 10 email delivered by Jira to your email address in the past 15 minutes.

Therefore, in order to proceed:

1. If you cannot find any Jira notification in your inbox you may want to check in your spam folder and/or with your mail server administrator what happened to those emails
  2. In case above step does not work, ask one of your site-admins to create a support request for your issue.

I hope this helps.

0 votes
Omri Ofri March 22, 2021

Hello @Dario B

I have the same problem. All the notifications and email settings here and on my side have been checked and are OK.  As much as I know, all my colleagues receive Email notifications properly.

Thank you.

Omri

Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2021

Hello @Omri Ofri ,

I can see that a block on your email address was added since 2018 to our system for below reason:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser b92si658252ybi.91 - gsmtp

I am now removing the blocks and you should be able to receive notifications again in the next few minutes.

Cheers,
Dario

Omri Ofri March 24, 2021

Thank you so much 

Have a great day 

0 votes
t.kusters February 17, 2021

@Dario B thanks a lot! I will contact the people on our side as well :)

Dario B
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2021

You are very welcome @t.kusters . Have a nice day! :) 

0 votes
t.kusters February 11, 2021

@Dario B I think I have the same problem. All required boxes are checked but I (and some colleagues) are not receiving any more emails since december-2020

Dario B
Atlassian Team
February 16, 2021

Hello @t.kusters ,

I can see that many email addresses from your domain have been put on the bounce list on our side since we were unable to deliver emails to them.

This seems to be due to some security/anti-spam policy on your side. The most common error messages we get when we try to deliver emails are:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [AM5xxxxx.eop-EURxx.prod.protection.outlook.com]

and

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

I am now removing the block on our side. However, please notice that the same situation will re-occur in case we'll still be unable to deliver emails because of the security policy on your side. You may want to get in touch with your mail admin in order to have this checked.

Also, for the future, when facing technical issues you will get to a faster resolution if you ask your site administrator to create a support request using below link:

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

If the person editing the confluence page removes the checkmark from the notify watchers and publishes the pages you will not receive a notification.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events