Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I don't get email notifications

I don't receive notification emails from pages I'm watching. I have checked my settings configuration in Confluence. I have deleted my account and created a new one and still the same result. I have checked my spam folder as well in my Inbox (I use Gamil). Any tips?email_settings_confluence.JPG

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B Atlassian Team Jul 09, 2020

Hello @victoria ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There was a block on our side since we got below error while trying to deliver emails to your address (the same one used here):

550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox

I have now removed the block on our side. However, please notice that if the original issue is not solved the block will be added again.

Can you kindly check if you are now able to receive notifications and let me know? 

Cheers,
Dario

Hi,

Thank you very much!

That is my correct mailbox and I confirm that I am receiving emails now. Do you why do you receive that error? That is my working email address and I receive all my working emails there.

I have two other colleagues with the same problem. Could you please remove the block for them as well? We all belong to the same company: nxxxa@mycarly.com and alxxxxn@mycarly.com

Thank you again,

Vicky

Hello @victoria , 

Apologies for late reply but I am out sick.

I have removed 8 blocks for your domain, including the 2 users you mentioned:

alxxxxn@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T19:17:48+00:00 bounce
bexxxxd@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T19:17:31+00:00 bounce
chxxxher@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T20:47:30+00:00 bounce
dexxxs@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T20:47:30+00:00 bounce
kxxxl@mycarly.com 550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2020-05-02T09:07:38+00:00 bounce
nxxxa@mycarly.com 550: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox 2020-03-24T19:17:31+00:00 bounce
oxxxr@mycarly.com 550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2020-03-24T20:29:04+00:00 bounce
paxxk@mycarly.com 550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2020-05-02T05:39:38+00:00 bounce

I am not sure why we get above replies when trying to deliver emails to your mailboxes. You might want to check this with your email administrator or IT department. 

Also, I am editing your message to hide your colleagues email addresses since this is a public forum.

Have a nice weekend!

Dario

Hello @Dario B

I have the same problem. All the notifications and email settings here and on my side have been checked and are OK.  As much as I know, all my colleagues receive Email notifications properly.

Thank you.

Omri

Dario B Atlassian Team Mar 23, 2021

Hello @Omri Ofri ,

I can see that a block on your email address was added since 2018 to our system for below reason:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser b92si658252ybi.91 - gsmtp

I am now removing the blocks and you should be able to receive notifications again in the next few minutes.

Cheers,
Dario

Thank you so much 

Have a great day 

@Dario B thanks a lot! I will contact the people on our side as well :)

Dario B Atlassian Team Feb 17, 2021

You are very welcome @t.kusters . Have a nice day! :) 

@Dario B I think I have the same problem. All required boxes are checked but I (and some colleagues) are not receiving any more emails since december-2020

Hello @t.kusters ,

I can see that many email addresses from your domain have been put on the bounce list on our side since we were unable to deliver emails to them.

This seems to be due to some security/anti-spam policy on your side. The most common error messages we get when we try to deliver emails are:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [AM5xxxxx.eop-EURxx.prod.protection.outlook.com]

and

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

I am now removing the block on our side. However, please notice that the same situation will re-occur in case we'll still be unable to deliver emails because of the security policy on your side. You may want to get in touch with your mail admin in order to have this checked.

Also, for the future, when facing technical issues you will get to a faster resolution if you ask your site administrator to create a support request using below link:

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes

If the person editing the confluence page removes the checkmark from the notify watchers and publishes the pages you will not receive a notification.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,696 views 7 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you