How to use Office Connector with Confluence Cloud?

Scott Curry December 20, 2022

My team would like to be able to use Office Connector with our Confluence Cloud account, however it doesn't seem to be enabled and all of the online support I can find applies to Confluence Server, not to Confluence Cloud.  Is Office Connector unsupported with Confluence Cloud?  If it IS supported, please help with enabling and configuration.  If it is NOT supported, please help with a comparable alternative application since Confluence Server is being discontinued and our organization is too small to justify Confluence Enterprise.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hi Scott, welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Indeed the Office Connector does not exist on Confluence Cloud.

In the past there was something called Companion App allowing to edit office attachments directly from Confluence but Atlassian discontinued that one. See their announcement

At one of the project I work at we use this plugin to embed Office365 files into Confluence. It also has en edit button.

Scott Curry December 20, 2022

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the welcome and for the quick response.  Unfortunately, we don't currently use Office365 although it is presumably on the implementation roadmap for our IT department.  Are you aware of any other alternative apps that might provide a suitable stopgap in the meantime?

Thanks,

Scott

Lorenzo Manfredini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Charlie Misonne

thank you for using our SharePoint Connector for Confluence app.

@Scott Curry , the SharePoint Connector for Confluence works in different kinds of hostings and allows different combinations. It can be used with SharePoint Online or on-premise and with Confluence Server, DC, and Cloud.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case your company will be interested to know more, through our official support channel: 
Support Portal.

Our official documentation about the app can be found starting from this link: 

SharePoint Connector for Confluence

Please make sure you choose the right version (Cloud or Server/DC), in order to find the correct pieces of information for your use case.

Regards,
Lorenzo
Communardo Support

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Scott Curry 

From your question I'm not sure where your documents are stored but I assume they are just normal attachments on the Confluence pages.

In that case you can consider this plugin: GoEdit. The users will have to install a little tool on their PC to use it though.

Scott Curry December 21, 2022

Hi @Charlie Misonne ,

For the moment we are attaching the documents directly to the Confluence pages, however we do have a corporate SharePoint site.  It sits behind a very secure firewall, so we didn't consider using that before.  I will investigate both GoEdit and SharePoint Connector for Confluence as suggested by @Lorenzo Manfredini .  Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Scott

Like Lorenzo Manfredini likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders