Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to structure my Knowledge base?

Deleted user August 7, 2019

Hello there everyone.

So, I am running Jira Service Desk and recently starting using Confluence with the intention to integrate a knowledge base to it.

We are are relatively small company, but growing steadily. We create unique digital installations for museums and exhibitions. There is a considerate complexity to these installation.

• A museum may have one or more installations.
  • Each installation has some manuals:
    • One for the customer (simplified, how to startup, shutdown, etc.)
    • One for our service technicians (Contains a lot more info including passwords for our use only)

About a month ago I started transcribing our manuals from dropbox to confluence using a space for each museum. It is only recently I discovered that Service Desk can only link to one confluence page..

Or structure right now is like this:

• "Museum Name 1"
    • User Guide
    • Technicians Guide
  • "Museum Name 2"
    • User Guide
    • Technicians Guide

Problem with putting everything in one space is that the file naming can't be identical. And I am afraid the one space containing everything may become overwhelming.

... So how do you guys suggest to organize this in the most optimal way?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aileen_Hadsell August 7, 2019

Hey Jens, 

I would suggest having separate spaces for the different museums. You can link one space per service desk project and add the museum customers to organizations which have access to the SD project. 

You will also have to allow unlicensed access to the spaces connected to the projects, but you can restrict your technician guides by placing them beneath a restricted page in the linked space.

Deleted user August 7, 2019

Thanks for the swift response!
I like this suggestion. Makes sense. And I already have the organizations for each museum.

We have around 4-10 tickets submitted per month. This is why I initially chose one service desk project. (I think it is relatively low, and some museums have not had issues for over years.)

If I chose to to create multiple service desk projects, will I be able to see all tickets in one queue? Or will these queues be separated?

Deleted user August 8, 2019

I figured out (with some help) that I can manage all tickets from the issue filter view. So now this solution is working for my use. Thank you very much.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Multiple-projects-one-ticket-queue/qaq-p/1149406#M35691

mspdev October 26, 2020

Hello Guys, 

I know this is old thread but you can provide me some ideas i would appreciate it.

I have a service desk for IT support. We managed clients and i want to have or use confluence for our documentation.   What is the best ways to organize this data so techs can find relevant data?

I would like to link some service requests to confluence since we add notes on the ticket that would likely be repeatable.

Any feedback would be great. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events