How to show issue summary for a JIRA issue filter macro while in edit mode

Anthony Pomtree June 20, 2017

While editing a Confluence page and using a single JIRA issue filter macro, you can only see the issue number. This is not very helpful when editing a page with numerous links. Is there a way to customize the macro so that it's more descriptive?

Example:

jira-issue-filter-macro.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Ameer September 24, 2018

From 'Edit' window of the confluence page, click on the Jira Issue macro. A popup appears, where you can click on 'Show Summary'. That's it.jira.PNG

Paolo Cruz February 4, 2019

@Ameer it seems that you misunderstood his questions.

He wants to show summary in edit mode and not in "published/saved" mode (what you mentioned). 

Joel Ransom October 21, 2019

I have the same question as the OP's over 2 year old question. It seems like a basic need that is left unmet. It's a daily source of aggravation. 

While Ameer's year old answer wasn't quite accurate it is still helpful, because if you click on the Jira Issue Macro and click Edit you can at least see the issue summary for that Issue. It never occurred to me to do that. 

Of course what I want is for all the issue summaries to display when the confluence page is in edit mode. 

Brett Hall July 6, 2021

This is a daily source of frustration for us too. I only see the Edit, View in JIRA, or Remove options, no summary. 

Please help vote up: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-24448

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events