How to set up permissions differently for partner and customer knowledge base with enabled signup?

Markus Raab March 22, 2018

My goal:

2 JSD projects with 2 linked Confluence KB spaces
1 of those is meant to be for our customers
1 of those is meant to be for our partners only

Criteria for our customers:

• They should be able to signup themselves
  • They should be able to create a ticket after signup immediately
  • They should NOT be able to access the Customer KB space immediately (in our situation we need to verify first if they are actual customers of us, which is at first a manual process)
  • They should NOT be able to access the Partner KB space at all
  • They should be able to access (read-only) the Customer KB after verification
  • They must not require a Confluence license

Criteria for our partners:

• Signup can be similar as with customers, or we provide them with their accounts (does not matter that much)
  • They should be able to create tickets after signup immediately
  • They should NOT be able to access the Customer KB or Partner KB space immediately (only after verification)
  • They should be able to access the Customer KB and Partner KB after verification
  • They should not require a Confluence license if possible

Manual verification & permitting:

• Checking with our Salesforce data
  • Permission by adding user to an organization in JSD or to a user group, e.g., "customer" group, "partner" group (in this case I am not sure which attempt is better, organization or group)

Sign-up:

• Self-signup must be possible for customers (however as mentioned, access to the KB should not be given immediately)
  • Self-signup should be possible for partners

It seems to me quite complex to solve this? Do you have any suggestions how I can do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Markus,

For your list of requirements, I would recommend that you reach out to an Atlassian Partner to help with setup of your Jira Service Desk. They will be able to take your list of requirements and ensure that it's set up to your needs.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events