Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove @ from showing in names in Confluence?

bgoodr March 9, 2018

When I type an at sign "@" followed by the first few letters of a users name, and select it, it inserts the name. When I publish the page, however, it still shows the "@" in front. I don't want that as it is a bit jarring.

I searched the docs and the user forums but nothing comes up. Maybe "@" is getting filtered out in my searches.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

You could put this in you global stylesheet or space stylesheet. That will get rid of the @ symbol.

.user-mention:before {content: "" !important;}
bgoodr March 9, 2018

I'll take a look at doing that when I am next able.

Thanks!

bgoodr March 14, 2018

I verified this as working by editing a space stylesheet as indicated by Styling Confluence with CSS/Getting Started.

1 vote
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

Hi @bgoodr,

There is no way to do so in the administration or something like that. This topic was already mentioned here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-disable-the-when-mentioning-someone/qaq-p/275830

Best,

Nic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events