How to disable the @ when mentioning someone?

Read the Title please smile

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey there,

I don't believe you can remove the @ sign from this functionality since that's how the plugin is activated.

You might be able to do it by modifying the plugin code, maybe. This plugin is located under <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins and it's called confluence-mentions-plugin-1.9.12.jar or similar to this, depending on the version. smile

Eduardo

This widget could not be displayed.

Cited from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Mentions:

"The functionality is provided by a plugin called the 'Confluence Mentions Plugin'. If you need to remove the user mention functionality from your site, you can disable the plugin. See Disabling or Enabling a Plugin."

I don't want to remove the mention functionality compleatly, just the @-sign. So instead of @surname lastname, just surname lastname. Is that possible?

It's very different from how mentions work now. Basically you would have to continuously parse all the text looking for usernames. Using an @ char tells Confluence to start doing this. I know Facebook does it when you type someone's name though.

I got that but if you type @ in the Editor and choosse somebody it appears like that: surname lastname. And if you after editing press the Save button and then it appears on the page like @surname lastname. Now I want to remove the @ on the page.

@Amt für Informa: I got an answer specifically to part of your comment:

I don't want to remove the mention functionality compleatly, just the @-sign.

See: How to remove @ from showing in names in Confluence?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

360 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you