How to disable the @ when mentioning someone?

Amt für Informatik Kt.Schwyz June 10, 2015

Read the Title please smile

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2015

Hey there,

I don't believe you can remove the @ sign from this functionality since that's how the plugin is activated.

You might be able to do it by modifying the plugin code, maybe. This plugin is located under <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins and it's called confluence-mentions-plugin-1.9.12.jar or similar to this, depending on the version. smile

Eduardo

0 votes
Norbert Janssens June 10, 2015

Cited from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Mentions:

"The functionality is provided by a plugin called the 'Confluence Mentions Plugin'. If you need to remove the user mention functionality from your site, you can disable the plugin. See Disabling or Enabling a Plugin."

Amt für Informatik Kt.Schwyz June 10, 2015

I don't want to remove the mention functionality compleatly, just the @-sign. So instead of @surname lastname, just surname lastname. Is that possible?

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

It's very different from how mentions work now. Basically you would have to continuously parse all the text looking for usernames. Using an @ char tells Confluence to start doing this. I know Facebook does it when you type someone's name though.

Amt für Informatik Kt.Schwyz June 11, 2015

I got that but if you type @ in the Editor and choosse somebody it appears like that: surname lastname. And if you after editing press the Save button and then it appears on the page like @surname lastname. Now I want to remove the @ on the page.

bgoodr March 14, 2018

@Amt für Informa: I got an answer specifically to part of your comment:

I don't want to remove the mention functionality compleatly, just the @-sign.

See: How to remove @ from showing in names in Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events