How to link a particular request group to a Confluence Category?

Abhi August 6, 2019

I would like to link a request group in my jira service desk to a particular Confluence category so that when a ticket is getting created from one of the request types under that request group, it will show only the suggested articles based on the input, from the articles under that particular Confluence category which I linked. How do I achieve this?

To elaborate, suppose I have a Request Group RG1, under which there are 3 Request Types RT1, RT2 and RT3 - and another Request Group RG2. I also have a Confluence knowledge space of my Jira Service Desk, which has two all the articles added under 2 categories - CCat1 and CCat2.

I want that whenever a user wants to create a ticket of Request Type RT1 or RT2 or RT3 under Request group RG1, it will show the user suggested articles (while entering the summary of the request) from the list of articles in CCat1 , not CCat2.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hi Abhi,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Thank you for the detailed information.
Currently, when a customer is creating a ticket, it will show all the articles that match with the words they are using for the summary, it's not possible to restrict the articles that will appear for each request type.
As a workaround, you can create categories with the same name of the request types, for example, so customers can check it before creating a ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Abhi August 10, 2019

Got it! Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events