How to find if Confluence is Cloud or data center?

Jehu Pineda August 18, 2022

The company I work for is using two confluence spaces:

https://wiki.labcollab.net/confluence and https://confluence.atl."company.com"/, how do I know which one is Cloud based or Data center based? Thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Noether of those are Cloud.

If you visit either of them, you'll find there is a "help" icon towards the top right, and that leads to a list of options that contains an "about Confluence" which will give you a version number.

Cloud systems won't give you a version (it's functionally useless to you) if you hit the "about" link.

But, I can tell you that both of those systems are Server or DC because of their URLs.  Until Atlassian implement the feature well known as CLOUD-6999, all Atlassian Cloud systems live on <something>.atlassian.net   If it's not atlassian.net, then it's a server or DC install.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2022

A really simple way to tell if you're on Cloud is to look at the menu bar across the top. If you see an "Apps" menu, you're in Cloud.

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Check out this article on how to find out if you are on Cloud or Data Center, How do you know if you are on Confluence Cloud or Server/Data Center? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events