How to disable inserting image from URL?

Hi there,

For security reasons we have to disable inserting image from remote URL. This is a way to get credentials from users. So anyone know how to disable it?

Thanks for advices,

Ales

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Hi Aleš,
  1. Go to Confluence Admin > Configuration > Plugins > Show System Plugins
  2. Find Confluence Paste in the list, and click it.
  3. Click Manage Plugin Modules to see the full list of configurable modules for Autoconvert
  4. The entire plugin can be disabled, or each module can be disabled individually. 

I believe the plugin you should disable is Autoconvert Skitch.

Please check the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Turn+Off+Autoconvert for further information.

Hope this works for you.

I couldn find it! Many thanks. And when I want to disable only inserting images from url, then should I disable Autoconvert Skitch?

"Automatic handling of Skitch "Share Image" URLs pasted into the page. (Transforms Skitch "Share Image" URLs into embedded images.)" Once you disable that module, only the URL which was copied will be shown. Please tell me what was not found. Weren't you able to see the Manage Plugin Module or weren't you able to find Autoconvert Skitch? Please check if you have administrator rights. Thanks.

I am admin so i have access there. And i see all enabled modules for that, but i want disable only inserting images from web, other think I want to let enabled.

Do you see the button disable as the screenshot on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Turn+Off+Autoconvert? Are you able to select the module Autoconvert Skitch then disable?

Ouu sorry, I wrote it bad. I couldnt find it before but now with your help I did it :) But what i dont know is that which module I should disable to disabled insert images from external website. Others functions (like inserting youtubes, converting jira links,etc..) I want to let enabled.

Disable only Autoconvert Skitch module. Don't change the others, and it will work for you.

Perfect! Many thanks for you help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

982 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you