How to disable inserting image from URL?

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

Hi there,

For security reasons we have to disable inserting image from remote URL. This is a way to get credentials from users. So anyone know how to disable it?

Thanks for advices,

Ales

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014
Hi Aleš,
  1. Go to Confluence Admin > Configuration > Plugins > Show System Plugins
  2. Find Confluence Paste in the list, and click it.
  3. Click Manage Plugin Modules to see the full list of configurable modules for Autoconvert
  4. The entire plugin can be disabled, or each module can be disabled individually. 

I believe the plugin you should disable is Autoconvert Skitch.

Please check the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Turn+Off+Autoconvert for further information.

Hope this works for you.

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

I couldn find it! Many thanks. And when I want to disable only inserting images from url, then should I disable Autoconvert Skitch?

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

"Automatic handling of Skitch "Share Image" URLs pasted into the page. (Transforms Skitch "Share Image" URLs into embedded images.)" Once you disable that module, only the URL which was copied will be shown. Please tell me what was not found. Weren't you able to see the Manage Plugin Module or weren't you able to find Autoconvert Skitch? Please check if you have administrator rights. Thanks.

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

I am admin so i have access there. And i see all enabled modules for that, but i want disable only inserting images from web, other think I want to let enabled.

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2014

Do you see the button disable as the screenshot on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Turn+Off+Autoconvert? Are you able to select the module Autoconvert Skitch then disable?

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Ouu sorry, I wrote it bad. I couldnt find it before but now with your help I did it :) But what i dont know is that which module I should disable to disabled insert images from external website. Others functions (like inserting youtubes, converting jira links,etc..) I want to let enabled.

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2014

Disable only Autoconvert Skitch module. Don't change the others, and it will work for you.

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2014

Perfect! Many thanks for you help!

Adis March 2, 2020

Hi,
This only works if I paste a link within a page.
If I add a picture with "STRG+M" + "Images from the web" option. The security issue still persists.
Is there a way to disable this feature in general?

nikolaev March 12, 2020

Hi,

we got Server version of Confluence.

And there is no Autoconvert Skitch module at Confluence Paste. How can we solve this issue for Confluence Server (7.1.0) ?

Delany November 16, 2020

Im on 7.9.0 server—none of the 10 modules of Confluence Paste plugin can be disabled

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events