It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can i share a local drive in confluence?

I want to Share local drive folder and sub folder on confluence and make amendments to it.  Also want my team to change and that change to reflect on confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Kavita Goswami , 

Its not possible to share a local drive in Confluence. However, you can link to directories on the shared drive.

You can refer to this link for additional information:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-link-to-folders-on-company-shared-drive/qaq-p/83856

Additionally, you can look for any third party apps in Atlassian MarketPlace.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Thanks for replying Kiran, I have tried this  "file:///"  this doesn't work for me.

I want to share folder and sub-folder which is in my computer's H drive.

I tried using Team flies app on confluence but that doesn't support Window File Server.

0 votes

There is no way to link to a resource that has a variable location and may not exist.  On your computer, it's quite likely you are using a variable IP address (dhcp) and sometimes, you might turn it off (and if it's a laptop, disconnect and move it)

Confluence (and any other server) can't refer to something that might not be there.  You need to upload these files to shared storage with a fixed name and point to that.  You will then need a client that can read that shared storage (As Confluence is not a file browser)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you