How can I restrict certain users from editing few columns in a table

MahanthPrudhvi April 26, 2023

How can I restrict certain users from editing few columns in a table

1 answer

3 votes
Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

Hi @MahanthPrudhvi 

By default it's not possible to restrict the users from updating the columns if they have the edit page permissions as all edit permissions are inherited from the page permissions.

You can check the below community post for more details 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-i-restrict-editing-in-columns-of-a-table/qaq-p/674938

There is one marketplace plugins which provide this functionality 

https://stiltsoft.com/blog/how-to-restrict-table-columns-for-viewing-and-editing-in-confluence/

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Ravina

MahanthPrudhvi April 27, 2023

Hi @Ravina thanks for the response. The excerpt macro won't work out because for every sprint we have to create multiple(around 80) pages, to use excerpt concept we have to duplicate pages which will increase manual work and the add on Table filters and charts is costly. Is there any other way to achieve it?

Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

@MahanthPrudhvi I don't see any other option available to achieve this apart from what I shared in previous comment

Like Stiltsoft support likes this
MahanthPrudhvi April 27, 2023

Thanks for the suggestion @Ravina 

Like Stiltsoft support likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events