Help on context-sensitive help

Shawn Tjernagel October 24, 2018

Hello there! My company is considering switching over to Confluence and their #1 requirement is that we still offer context-sensitive help. We would be going with the server option (not cloud), and most of our customers do not have Internet access in the labs to access help remotely. Currently we go out and install our software and then pull in a distributed version of our help that automatically maps to topisc with topic IDs (from MadCap Flare). How is/can this performed in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2019

Hello Shawn,

I realize this thread is quite old now, but I was investigating a similar question for another user. I've gathered all the information I found on this in my reply below:

In addition, there's an outdated article below on creating Local Confluence Documentation using this. I can't say for sure if it works for later versions of Confluence, but the help-paths.properties file is still included in Confluence. I confirmed this in my latest version.

I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events