Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML macro not rendering

Jozsef Veress February 19, 2021

Hi all,

I have a Page with a HTML macro inside. The content of the macro is a simple text line.

When I edit the text with the confluence editor and save the changes, the content is displayed perfectly.

However, when I do the same via REST API, the request is processed without error (returns 200), but the entire macro's HTML definition is displayed instead of being rendered.

I spent several hours to fix the problem, without success.

Has anyone experienced something similar and has a solution?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2021

Without seeing your code, made sure you have beginning and closing html. Example <p> and </p>

Jozsef Veress February 20, 2021

Hi Carla,

thanks for your answer.

Yes, the HTML code is definitively correct, I checked it with an online HTML validator...

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2021

Question: Are you using the Code Macro? That is a holding frame for code. It is not a styling tool for the page

I normally do not provide answers that direct users to third party apps, but it sounds like where the path is leading at the moment.  What I did find is that for confluence cloud API related HTML has risks. Here is related thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-enable-HTML-Macro-on-Confluence-cloud/qaq-p/1068527

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events