Google Sheets Not working

Daniel Wilczynski March 5, 2019

I installed the macro, but the google sheet does not display.

I simply get unauthorized error 401.

I can click the link 'open in google drive' and I get to the document. But I can not see it on google drive.

3 answers

1 vote
kate.brenden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2022

I had a similar issue with a 403 error and the root of the problem was blocking 3rd party cookies in Chrome. Once I allowed 3rd party cookies, I was able to see the embedded google content correcty.

0 votes
jonathan_brewer May 13, 2019

I've just lost the ability to see embedded google sheets. Making them world editable works. But I can't do that.

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

@jonathan_brewer  does the issue still persist. If yes, 
log out from your atlassian account. Try clearing all cookies and cache files from your browser .  Now you may try again to connect to the page, you should be able to view the embedded content after the initial log in . 

This worked for me , so I guess it should hold good for you too .

Best Wishes.

jonathan_brewer May 29, 2019
  • Just now I logged out of Confluence.
  • Cleared cache & history for "all time" from Chrome.
  • Logged in to Atlasssian using Google credentials
  • Then logged into onelogin.net by redirect.
  • Went to a Confluence page with two embedded apps: Google Sheets & Lucidchart
  • Lucidchart content displays
  • Google Sheets says: 

We can't open this document as Jonathan Brewer
The document may not exist or you might not have permission to see it.

• Click on "Open in Google Drive" link & the sheet opens just fine.

My browser credentials are all good - there's still a problem with Confluence.

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

@jonathan_brewer  , In the embedded sheet do you have an option called Switch account displayed . If so click on to it and sign in to your atlassian account then see whether you are able to find the content of the sheet in the confluence page . 

I Hope this might help you . 

0 votes
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@Daniel Wilczynski  , Try replacing the URL link with Edit link of the Google sheets and also check for Permissions in the google sheets file. 

Hi,

@Haran KumarThis is already the case. The sheet is editable by the organization.  I used that editable link on the macro.

The sheet was created by me and that is the gsuite account that I gave It permission to for the plugin.

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@Daniel Wilczynski  , Sounds like you have gone wrong no where. As I am not a tech guy , I leave this to some expert personnel to acknowledge. To the  best of my knowledge there may be some code issues with the plugin . Not sure. 
Will Look out for some Possible solutions . 

Regards. 

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2019

@Daniel Wilczynski  , Meanwhile you may refer to the below for some clarity. 

Google Spreadsheet embedding

After playing around a bit more I did seem to make it work by making the link world editable, not just my organization.

Although thats not 100% satisfactory as I would prefer to restrict access to my organization.

Like Zak Laughton likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events