Google Spreadsheet embedding

Amber Sandhu December 9, 2013

I embedded a google doc into a page which worked and is viewable. However, the Google Spreadsheets are not. They are giving me an error message and asking me to check if the spreadsheet's been deleted, which it hasn't. When you click on edit it takes you right to the google spreadsheet however, it is not viewable in the page.

Any help?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Google spreadsheet is supported with AppFusions' Google Drive in Confluence.

This plugin is feature advanced and mature, as it was first released in Oct 2010, and sustained ever since. 

Here's a video. Email info@appfusions.com for a trial.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YFo6kQmtPDg

Also supports embedding Google Forms, and cross-system search (search Google Docs from Confluence), etc.. And additional feedback always welcome!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 28, 2018

@Jesse Katz, this plugin made me think of you!

0 votes
CelesteCS July 20, 2016

Hello,

If you need to have that part of spreadsheets functionality, which regards any calculations, you may consider CelesteCS Math for Confluence. There are versions for both Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

Assume you have a table with three columns and three rows on your page – from A1 till C3, where row 1 is the header row. The sum calculation formula for rows 2 and 3 will be simple:

SUM(Table1.A2:C3)

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

0 votes
AdministradorU April 28, 2014

I am having the same issue. I can embed a Google Document, and it will show in the wiki page without a problem. When trying to embed a Google Spreadsheet, an error message will show in the Macro

• "An error occurred while fetching the document. Please check to make sure that the document ID is valid, and that the document has not been deleted."

However, if i click on the Edit hyperlink that the Macro creates, i am redirected to the spreadsheet, and it works. I guess google has changed some parameters that affect the way the macro shows the spreadsheet.

This integration is crutial in our organization, this problem has a huge impact in our workflow. Any help or ETA on a fix??

Thank you

0 votes
AdministradorU April 28, 2014

I am having the same issue. I can embed a Google Document, and it will show in the wiki page without a problem. When trying to embed a Google Spreadsheet, an error message will show in the Macro

• "An error occurred while fetching the document. Please check to make sure that the document ID is valid, and that the document has not been deleted."

However, if i click on the Edit hyperlink that the Macro creates, i am redirected to the spreadsheet, and it works. I guess google has changed some parameters that affect the way the macro shows the spreadsheet.

This integration is crutial in our organization, this problem has a huge impact in our workflow. Any help or ETA on a fix??

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events