Does a Confluence user have to be in the "confluence-users" group to sign on?

Chuck Minarik July 30, 2014

We're evaluating an addon that can provide unique dashboards based on user or group. So I created a test group, created a test user and put the new user in the test group...but did not put the user in confluence-users. I assigned the new dashboard to the test group.

When the test user signed on, this message was displayed: "You are not permitted to perform this operation." The only thing the user can do at this point is sign off.

If I also put the user in confluence-users, then the custom dashboard is displayed.

The admin guide says that confluence-users is " the default group into which all new users are assigned"...but it doesn't say all users have to be in this group.

Is it a requirement that users be in confluence-users?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2014

Yes, sort of. It is a bit more flexible.

The users must be in a group that gives them "can use" permission - you can see what is configured there by visiting "global security". The default is just "confluence users" in there off the shelf, but you can add other groups in there, and even remove confluence-users if you want.

Chuck Minarik July 31, 2014

Thanks Nic!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events