Does Confluence handle document versioning and Group-based permissions?

Tammy Jakubowski August 29, 2019

I am looking to replace Open Text's Content Server to deliver my final products to customers, including software, doc, patches.   I'd also like to create a report that would allow customers to enter version numbers and get a list of appropriate patches. 

We are not interested in Sharepoint at all.

Would Confluence be able to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hey there, Tammy!
As I understand, you need to migrate your content from OpenText servers to some other platform.
Apparently, OpenText allows you to share and access documents across your company.
Confluence Cloud does indeed allow us to share, create and access the content. Be it files or pages within Confluence.
You can check more information about the file attachment in Confluence Cloud:

You can also take a look at some threads here in the Community:

If something is not available within the sleuth of features Confluence offers, we can resort to the Atlassian Marketplace:

Furthermore, Confluence does indeed fully support Group and individual permission settings. We have a Global level and Space level permissions. In addition to that, we have page restrictions, which are a separate level of permissions. Here is some documentation on that, Tammy:

Advanced searching and reporting based on attachment are not readily available for Confluence. You might need to look into our marketplace for a plug-in that helps you out.

If Confluence Cloud does not offer enough control, or as much as you need, you can check our Self-host option. Confluence server/Data Center also provides a large selection of plug-ins and settings to deal with permissions and sharing. Take a look:

Hope this helps your quest! Let us hear from you, Tammy.

Tammy Jakubowski October 2, 2019

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2019

Thanks for getting back to us, @Tammy Jakubowski!

Come share with us whenever you need something answered.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events