Different font size new editor in excerpt

John Uittenbogaart May 28, 2020

Hi there,

I converted a page in Confluence into the new editor. The font size in the excerpt is smaller than de text size on the rest of the page.

Where can I adjust the size of the fond in the excerpt.

John

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2020

Hello @John Uittenbogaart ! As I see it, we are having a problem with the Excerpt Macro in Confluence while using the New Editor (Fabric).

Going straight to the point, I can tell you that neither the Excerpt Macro or Confluence itself has a setting that controls Font Size.

I was able to get smaller font when using the Excerpt Macro in edit mode and published page. Here is what I see during edit:

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.41.59.png

After I published the page, font size was incorrectly displayed for all content within the macro:

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.42.19.png

Moving further I was able to find this report tackling the behavior:

Currently, the best course of action would be to vote and watch the report. Voting for it helps to increase the visibility and watching it will keep you up to date with everything posted there.

Let us hear from you!

John Uittenbogaart June 2, 2020

I would appreciate if you would solve the font problem. Different fonts or font sizes in a page does't look very nice.

Like # people like this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

Hello @John Uittenbogaart ! Thanks for sharing your perspective here in our Community. The report itself is still gathering attention. If more people vote for it, more attention will it gather.

With this in mind, I do recommend voting and watching the report. To vote you can click on “This affects my team” at the top right corner of the report page.

Let us hear from you!

eoghanmurf November 19, 2020

Solution is not to use the new editor if at all possible, don't convert pages.

Diego
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2020

Hello there @John Uittenbogaart an @eoghanmurfI truly appreciate feedback from people all around who use Atlassian Applications. I took notice of this thread again due to recent comment from @eoghanmurf .

I understand that visual inconsistencies and bugs can lead to some changes on how we perceive and use something.

With this in mind, I would love to see you share your feedback on the link I shared earlier:

This report tackles this issue directly.

Also, we do have a community post talking about content and how Atlassian customers can take command of how their content looks like:

Thank you again!

Jason Tolotta June 5, 2022

Wow! Over 1 year and this isn't addressed, but keep coming with the features that nobody asked for and put this and other "minor" issues on the backlog.

Like Evgeny likes this
1 vote
Jordan Ellis Coppard June 16, 2022

Hi friends I found a cheeky workaround for this.

So let's say you're on a page called `Foo`, you define your excerpt as normal and you get the smaller annoying font size. What you can do is select the except you just made on `Foo` and in that panel on the right-hand side where you name it be sure to check the box `Hide Excerpted Content`. Now the excerpt you just made on `Foo` will be hidden (only on `Foo`) but will show when you include it. So, immediately below it include it back in and be sure to check the `Remove Surrounding Panel` option.

This way you have made an except on `Foo`, let's say our except is called `e_bar` and you've made `e_bar` hidden then immediately included it and removed the surrounding panel which shows `e_bar` at full-size while on `Foo`!

0 votes
Nicholas Wade July 21, 2022

[Post removed for community violation]

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 2, 2022

@Nicholas Wade Please take a look at our Rules of Engagement 

Trolls and haters not welcome
If you’re deliberately trying to offend, bully, or provoke someone, our moderators will step in. It’s okay to disagree and to express frustration, we just ask that you keep it amicable. Name-calling and disparaging Atlassians, Leaders, or each other is against the rules. Constructive criticism and feedback about Atlassian products is okay. Criticism about Atlassian team members and fellow community members is never okay.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events