• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating pages per application in our wiki. Automatically create child pages?

Greetings all,

Our team has been using Confluence in a less than intelligent way thus far (very little reusable content, almost no templates) and I'm trying to change that. The problem is... I don't know anything.

One of our needs is for an application inventory. Ideally this would be a page for every application we support. On that main page you'd find support info, a list of relevant servers, licensing info and important links. Child pages would include 1) a page with installation instructions 2) troubleshooting (with child pages), etc.

I am looking for any suggestions on setting this up in a way that doesn't take a lot of know how by my team. I was hoping to find a way to create a template/blueprint that comes with the complete page hierarchy but I'm not sure how that could even exist given you can't have two pages with the same name. I was planning on getting around that by giving each application a unique ID

Hierarchy:

• Application (0001)
    • Support (0001)
    • Servers (0001)
    • Licensing (0001)
    • Links (0001)
    • Troubleshooting and how-to (0001)

Below is a pretty simple mock-up. I can't overstate how open I am to any recommendations. Confluence is fairly eliptical and if I'm going to do this right, I'd like to find out what "right" might mean.

I will read any relevant articles anyone replies with and heed the warnings of the veterans.

panel with TOC.png

1 answer

It looks like this can help me achieve what I'm imagining but... is what I'm imagining any good?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nurago.confluence.plugins.treecopy/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence Cloud

Please tell us how you use Confluence space settings

Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with impro...

309 views 11 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you