'Create from template' macro 'Template name' empty

Jérôme Vincendon July 6, 2017

I am trying to create a button, allowing users to create a page from a template. However, the 'Template name' is emtpy.

I found this page (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Create-from-Template-Macro-the-Template-Name-drop-down-is-blank/qaq-p/230187) saying that I should fill in the Space key first (even though this shouldnt be necessary as it says 'Leave blank to default to the current space.', which I want). When I actually try filling in the space key, it says 'Not found', while I am certain that I filled in the correct key. From Space Tools: 'Key = BPD'

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jérôme Vincendon July 27, 2017

I received the following response from support. The workaround solves the issue for now:

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Cloud Support.

The issue you are encountering is caused by a Confluence bug with Confluence new design which prevents the templates list from being populated (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-56077)

The current workaround to have the macro working is to disable the new design which will allow you to insert your macro properly.
To do so, you will need to click on your profile picture then click the Turn off for now button.
Please note that you will be able to re-enable the new design once disabled by clicking on your profile picture in the top right then Experience the new Confluence option.

Cheers,
Suren Raj
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Jérôme Vincendon July 6, 2017

I am able to select the key (BPD) after typing'@B' in the key field, it will then propose the full name of the space. When selecting this, the field gets filled with 'BPD'. I am then however still unable to select Template name, not even default templates.

Colin Fluegel July 13, 2017

Following, I am encountering the same issue

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2017

The templates should be on a pulldown menu, "Template Name" when you edit the Create from Template macro:

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 3.09.36 PM.png

Can you see the templates when you click the "..." next to the Create button?

I am testing on Confluence 6.3.1 - please let me know your version.

Jérôme Vincendon July 14, 2017

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply. The template is showing when I click on Create (Release notes on the top right).

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.51.33.png

Nothing is showing in the macro creator:

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.52.14.png

I'm not 100% sure which Confluence I am using, this is the info:

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 11.53.00.png

Yong Siang Foo July 14, 2017

I'm facing the same issue with the cloud based confluence. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Thanks letting me know you are using our Cloud offering.

I am seeing the templates on my Cloud test instance:

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 1.37.22 PM.png

To get a solution and also help the Cloud Support team identify what is happening with particular instances (what do they have in common?) please open support tickets at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/. 

Jérôme Vincendon July 27, 2017

Thanks! Will do :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events